Simple Trend Follower System - page 11

Linuxser:
Test of mladen newest DMX against oldie DMI

Looks fine, less noise. However, the problem I see is the lack of some kind of ADX to keeps us on the right side/

Develop some kind of ADX based on Jurik is a wonderful idea.

Linuxser:
Test of mladen newest DMX against oldie DMI

Looks fine, less noise. However, the problem I see is the lack of some kind of ADX to keeps us on the right side/

Are you going to make this Linuz?

Not sure if this was the idea, but here is one : it is a Wilder's DMI with smoothed values.

Used smoothing length of 5 on the upper example, but even longer smoothing periods look good (not too much added lag : here is one with smoothing length 10)

Linuxser, if it is not what you had in mind, yell :):)

PS: attached the original Wilder's DMI even though it is not used by the smoothed version

And one more with one additional option and one additional smoothing it does : instead of just smoothing the results, this one smooths the prices first and then uses them in DMI (ADX) calculation. The additional parameter is do you want the results smoothing or not (since the prices are already smoothed) In the example the upper is without additional smoothing (bit faster) the lower is with additional smoothing (a bit slower)

mladen:
And one more with one additional option and one additional smoothing it does : instead of just smoothing the results, this one smooths the prices first and then uses them in DMI (ADX) calculation. The additional parameter is do you want the results smoothing or not (since the prices are already smoothed) In the example the upper is without additional smoothing (bit faster) the lower is with additional smoothing (a bit slower)
mladen:
Not sure if this was the idea, but here is one : it is a Wilder's DMI with smoothed values.

Used smoothing length of 5 on the upper example, but even longer smoothing periods look good (not too much added lag : here is one with smoothing length 10)

Linuxser, if it is not what you had in mind, yell :):)

PS: attached the original Wilder's DMI even though it is not used by the smoothed version

This is superb!

5 smooth add exactly one lag bar but decreases wrong signals.

Anyway. As wilder suggest ADX above 20 keeps being key.

Files:

DMX Histogram

Hi mladen,

Thanks for the Jurik-smoothed version of the WilderDMI.

Coming from a backround where MACD with histogram was my 1st initiation to tech analysis. Your DMX histogram indicator is both familiar and desirable. Please share it with us.

Thanks & best rgds,

jswei.

jswei:
Hi mladen,

Thanks for the Jurik-smoothed version of the WilderDMI.

Coming from a backround where MACD with histogram was my 1st initiation to tech analysis. Your DMX histogram indicator is both familiar and desirable. Please share it with us.

Thanks & best rgds,

jswei.

This post https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/179662/page2

DMX Histogram

Hi Linuxser,

Thanks for the quick response. However, I cannot access the post you pointed to. A message said I must subscribe to either the Elite or Advanced Elite section although I am subscribing the Elite section. Is it in the Advanced Elite section?

Please help.

Thanks,

jswei

jswei:
Hi Linuxser,

Thanks for the quick response. However, I cannot access the post you pointed to. A message said I must subscribe to either the Elite or Advanced Elite section although I am subscribing the Elite section. Is it in the Advanced Elite section?

Please help.

Thanks,

jswei

Ups. Sorry jswei. I just thought you just where lost.

Yes. It's Advanced. But don't worry. As I said this is just for testing. And I have no plan to post some template based on this.

Original method is based on indicators post here.

Hello all,

is that strategy still working? I have several false signals on H1 EUR/USD chart with it. Does it depend on markket condition? Or am I doing something wrong?

My understanding is as follows:

1. Go to higher TF (I use H4) and see overall market condition (trend/no trend, hi/low) if red or green DMI above 20 and ADX above 20 than go to lower TF(I use H1)

2. See if DMI crossed above 20 and ADX is above 20 see if in same direction as on higher TF(H4). If yes than trade according to DMI (green for long, red for short).

3. Put SL/TP on high/low of daily. Wait for resoults:-)

4. If you get oposite signal from DMI = exit trade

5. MCAD = additional confirmation.

Is that correct? Please show me my mistakes:)

regards,

Lewan - rookie trader:-)

Reason: