Zigzag indicators - page 65

Vrede: Hi anyone to assist me? I'm looking for the ZigZag_Climber AE and/or its creator. I lost it somewhere, somehow and cannot find it! I have an older version giving me an error of " You want to trade with 0.00 lots and your broker minimum lots are 0.01" and I'm not a programmer/coder and won't find it in the coding even if I try?

Did you run a search?

I found this in the CodeBase ... ZigZag_Climber - expert for MetaTrader 4

ZigZag_Climber
ZigZag_Climber
  • www.mql5.com
This EA doesn't need any indicator, just moving price action is necessary to operate.

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

How Zigzag indicator works?

Sergey Golubev, 2018.06.25 07:59

Usually zigzag is used as a filter. But zigzag is not simpe indicator. You may read it here:

Interpretation

The Zig Zag indicator is used primarily to help you see changes by punctuating the most significant reversals. It is very important to understand that the last "leg" displayed in a Zig Zag chart can change based on changes in the underlying plot (e.g., prices). This is the only indicator in this book where a change in the security's price can change a previous value of the indicator. Since the Zig Zag indicator can adjust its values based on subsequent changes in the underlying plot, it has perfect hindsight into what prices have done. Please don't try to create a trading system based on the Zig Zag indicator--its hindsight is much better than its foresight! In addition to identifying significant prices reversals, the Zig Zag indicator is also useful when doing Elliot Wave counts. 

For additional information on the Zig Zag indicator, refer to Filtered Waves by Arthur Merrill.

and:

Elliott Wave Theory

The Elliott Wave Theory is named after Ralph Nelson Elliott. Inspired by the Dow Theory and by observations found throughout nature, Elliott concluded that the movement of the stock market could be predicted by observing and identifying a repetitive pattern of waves. In fact, Elliott believed that all of man's activities, not just the stock market, were influenced by these identifiable series of waves. With the help of C. J. Collins, Elliott's ideas received the attention of Wall Street in a series of articles published in Financial World magazine in 1939. During the 1950s and 1960s (after Elliott's passing), his work was advanced by Hamilton Bolton. In 1960, Bolton wrote Elliott Wave Principle--A Critical Appraisal. This was the first significant work since Elliott's passing. In 1978, Robert Prechter and A. J. Frost collaborated to write the book Elliott Wave Principle.

Interpretation

The underlying forces behind the Elliott Wave Theory are of building up and tearing down. The basic concepts of the Elliott Wave Theory are listed below. Action is followed by reaction. There are five waves in the direction of the main trend followed by three corrective waves (a "5-3" move). A 5-3 move completes a cycle. This 5-3 move then becomes two subdivisions of the next higher 5-3 wave. The underlying 5-3 pattern remains constant, though the time span of each may vary. The basic pattern is made up of eight waves (five up and three down) which are labeled 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, a, b, and c on the following chart. Waves 1, 3, and 5 are called impulse waves. Waves 2 and 4 are called corrective waves. Waves a, b, and c correct the main trend made by waves 1 through 5. The main trend is established by waves 1 through 5 and can be either up or down. Waves a, b, and c always move in the opposite direction of waves 1 through 5. Elliott Wave Theory holds that each wave within a wave count contains a complete 5-3 wave count of a smaller cycle. The longest wave count is called the Grand Supercycle. Grand Supercycle waves are comprised of Supercycles, and Supercycles are comprised of Cycles. This process continues into Primary, Intermediate, Minute, Minuette, and Sub-minuette waves.

As to me so I used zigzag in more simple way in Channel trading system: when I am losing money in manual trading so I start to trade channel trading system to recover deposit size https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173261

ZigZag NK Sound Alerts on Bar Change - indicator for MetaTrader 5

ZigZag NK Sound Alerts on Bar Change - indicator for MetaTrader 5

ZigZag NK Sound Alerts notifies you with Sound alert, Push Notification or Popup Notification on terminal when Zigzag changes its bar.

ZigZag NK Sound Alerts on Bar Change
ZigZag NK Sound Alerts on Bar Change
  • www.mql5.com
ZigZag NK Sound Alerts notifies you with Sound alert, Push Notification or Popup Notification on terminal when Zigzag changes its bar.

Hello dear brothers and sisters!

I really need your help!

I will be very grateful for your help!

I really need the ZigZag indicator formula for EXEL!

I tried different calculations and methods for a long time, but I could not understand the calculation formula or the mechanism of operation of the usual Zigzag indicator (Indicator Zigzag)!

I'm not a programmer, so I couldn't understand how indicator ZigZag formula is calculated in MetaEditor!

I read all the sites and forums about the zigzag, I couldn't find it!

Please explain how this ZigZag is calculated?
Files:

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Buying or Selling all 7 pairs

Sergey Golubev, 2024.03.18 18:23

How to create a simple Multi-Currency Expert Advisor using MQL5 (Part 7): ZigZag with Awesome Oscillator Indicators Signal

How to create a simple Multi-Currency Expert Advisor using MQL5 (Part 7): ZigZag with Awesome Oscillator Indicators Signal

The Multi-currency Expert Advisor is a automated trading that can open, close, and manage orders for more than one symbol pair from a single symbol chart.
This article focuses on the Expert Advisor trading for 30 pairs and using the ZigZag indicator, which is filtered with the Awesome Oscillator or filters each other's signals.

Candle ZigZag - indicator for MetaTrader 5

Candle ZigZag is an indicator which changes its leg if a candlestick color changes

It supports Period of 1 while default ZigZag in Example folder does not work for period 1.

it helps trader to analyze chart in flat mode unlike line chart which has curve in price movement. Close mode can be enabled disabled.

Candle ZigZag
Candle ZigZag
  • www.mql5.com
Candle ZigZag is an indicator which changes its leg if a candlestick color changes
Reason: