The Murrey Math Trading System - page 80

Xard777

Wouldn't the price have to trade above +2 overbought in octave 78 first, before we would go up one octave to 79.The price in the example was still just under +2.

Sorry for not understanding but i dont get it.

Thanks ........Maths

xard777:
Try compiling all the indicators so that they show no errors, sometimes you get an extra dot in the code when downloading. It should look like this...

Sorry, I'm newbie in this forum...

Can you or other someone explain me How is the murray math trading system work? How is watching fundamental news from forexfactory in my Metatrader paltform? What the system had made Expert Advisor (EA)?

Thanks for your help me

Maths:
Xard777

Wouldn't the price have to trade above +2 overbought in octave 78 first, before we would go up one octave to 79.The price in the example was still just under +2.

Sorry for not understanding but i dont get it.

Thanks ........Maths

octave 78...price closes beyond overbought area on 30 Nov 06 & moves up into octave 79

Xard777

invest2fx:
Sorry, I'm newbie in this forum...

Can you or other someone explain me How is the murray math trading system work? How is watching fundamental news from forexfactory in my Metatrader paltform? What the system had made Expert Advisor (EA)?

Thanks for your help me

I made an EA loosely based on Murrey Math. I am convinced Murrey doesn't understand Forex, and that many of his rules simply don't apply to the Forex market. For example, he talks about trading speed lines, but news events in forex cause speed lines that his rules don't apply to. Sometimes his example charts seem a little funny (4 equal closes is not the same as 4 candlesticks with no thick bar over a line) but other times they seem extremely accurate (S&R lines for stocks). Some aspects I'm not sure if I believe in, other aspects simply don't seem to apply at all.

I do feel fairly confident in saying the closer you get to the ECN market, the closer the real Support and Resist lines are adhered to. Small pip trades with Murrey Math are only recommended on the ECN, while larger pip trades can be done on the broker data. I don't know about very long term trades (over 6 months) due to inadequate data.

The EA is still in testing and development. I share insights I glean from playing with the EA here in this forum. Any eventual release of EA will be through license.

Thank Daraknor for your information the Murrey Math...

daraknor:
I made an EA loosely based on Murrey Math. I am convinced Murrey doesn't understand Forex, and that many of his rules simply don't apply to the Forex market. For example, he talks about trading speed lines, but news events in forex cause speed lines that his rules don't apply to. Sometimes his example charts seem a little funny (4 equal closes is not the same as 4 candlesticks with no thick bar over a line) but other times they seem extremely accurate (S&R lines for stocks). Some aspects I'm not sure if I believe in, other aspects simply don't seem to apply at all.

I do feel fairly confident in saying the closer you get to the ECN market, the closer the real Support and Resist lines are adhered to. Small pip trades with Murrey Math are only recommended on the ECN, while larger pip trades can be done on the broker data. I don't know about very long term trades (over 6 months) due to inadequate data.

The EA is still in testing and development. I share insights I glean from playing with the EA here in this forum. Any eventual release of EA will be through license.

daraknor:

I find that MM s/r lines (64square) works well in forex when you use TF for validating your entry and target(from H4 to M5).

This is my first post on this thread. I would like to thank everyone for all the time and thought they have invested here. It took me a week but I read thru all the posts from the start til now and I just have a couple of questions. I am using the indicators from xard777's 2 part post (768 & 769) with the "_101-64-day-frame.tpl" file. I am also using a live IBFX account and looking at daily charts since the numbers don't change based on the chosen time frame. I saw one particular thread that hinted that IBFX may not work properly for one or more of these indicators so I would just like to confirm my readings to see if they are correct.

My readings for EUR/USD are...

+2/8 - 1.3550

+1/8 - 1.3489

8/8 - 1.3428

7/8 - 1.3367

6/8 - 1.3306

5/8 - 1.3245

4/8 - 1.3184

3/8 - 1.3123

2/8 - 1.3062

1/8 - 1.3000

0/8 - 1.2939

-1/8 - 1.2878

-2/8 - 1.2817

Has anyone confirmed that IBFX has issues and if so what would be a good broker to go with? My other question is, do these indicators work for all currency pairs?

Files:
eurusd_daily.jpg  123 kb

Rainbow

32day Euro

Files:
32day_euro.jpg  89 kb

Rainbow:
32day Euro

My numbers are right on, thank you.

Rainbow:
32day Euro

how about it?