no leverage account get stopout - page 2

Alain Verleyen: If you would provide real example there would not be confusion. Fernando is talking about Forex (or equivalent) and you are talking about stocks or Futures, which are not working the same. There is not enough information to answer you usefully.

If I am wrong, I will accept it, but would appreciate an explanation if that is acceptable.

I have traded stocks before (just on Lisbon exchange). I bought (and sold) stocks with no leverage at all (1:1), but the rules about equity still applied.

Also, the OP mentions applying a Grid system and that would imply CFDs and not actual stocks, because as far as I know you cannot short stocks.

Futures however, I have no experience with.

I repeat, if I am wrong then I would like to know in which case that happens, that you can have a negative equity.

Fernando Carreiro:

If I am wrong, I will accept it, but would appreciate an explanation if that is acceptable.

I have traded stocks before (just on Lisbon exchange). I bought (and sold) stocks with no leverage at all (1:1), but the rules about equity still applied.

Also, the OP mentions applying a Grid system and that would imply CFDs and not actual stocks, because as far as I know you cannot short stocks.

Futures however, I have no experience with.

I repeat, if I am wrong then I would like to know in which case that happens, that you can have a negative equity.

That's why I asked more information to the OP. As he is from Brazil and I know there are differences using MT5 on Forex and on a Stock/Futures using XP (or other Brazilian brokers). For example I have seen real account with an MT5 Balance of 0 but still able to trade (the balance/equity didn't seem to be managed on MT5). What you said is not wrong, but probably doesn't apply as is in the OP case.

Alain Verleyen: That's why I asked more information to the OP. As he is from Brazil and I know there are differences using MT5 on Forex and on a Stock/Futures using XP (or other Brazilian brokers). For example I have seen real account with an MT5 Balance of 0 but still able to trade (the balance/equity didn't seem to be managed on MT5). What you said is not wrong, but probably doesn't apply as is in the OP case.
I understand!
Reason: