The Murrey Math Trading System - page 73

With a fellow Linux user, certainly!

If a currency has the same close (I think he meant the same max filled in part on candlestick) for 4 days (or timeframe) then it will go the opposite direction 7 days (or timeframe).

On the FXDD Downloaded data, you can see this at 2006.01.20 01:15 USDJPY M15, exactly as predicted. It continued falling to bar 9, but most of the fall was done by bar 7.

I should mention all of those rules come from Gann/Murrey's documentation. The 5-6-7 rule I'm not sure is tradable. I'm compiling a list of all the trading rules from the manual (over 20 so far) and someone else is compiling the data from all of the other resources (PDF, PPT, articles, etc). Unless you want to trade daily charts, (and maybe then) most of the rules need to be translated over to forex.

I'm hoping to do a computer assisted translation - where we try the rules in backtesting and see if they apply.

what is the different between octaves and MML?isn't it same?

Octaves is a generic term for 1/8th, that is the literal meaning. MML stands for Murrey Math Lines, and implies octaves of price. MMI stands for Murrey Math Interval, and refers to octaves of time.

daraknor:
Octaves is a generic term for 1/8th, that is the literal meaning. MML stands for Murrey Math Lines, and implies octaves of price. MMI stands for Murrey Math Interval, and refers to octaves of time.

ok,i got it.did you found indicator for reversal yet?

Recalculating observation

To CMS and others who are frustrated about recalculation and line changes.

I think I discovered something that might help. I altered the code to display the last highest and lowest prices along with the bar number of these prices. WHen the bar number of highest or lowest is 3 or less, then it may be close to recalculating. If it is 0, then the next bar will cause recalculation. I'm not sure what to do but maybe wait for a lower high or higher low before getting in. I was looking EURJPY, 15 min, and price was approaching +2/8, big sell signal. I put in a sell limit and got triggered, and since it was the highest bar, it recalculated so that my entry now was on the 6/8 sell. Was the first lines valid or the new ones? Hard to say but EURJPY is climbing towards the 7/8 line. Switching to 5 minute shows the price still at +2/8 so who knows.

Hello Xard and thanks for sharing.

it's not easy to understand for me but whati see is that octaves are a 256 square of time of MMlines (32 square of time). Is it the same thing at a higher level, and do we trade it as the MM trading rules?? If it is so, why preferring a 256 square of time?.

Thanks again.

Flytox:
Hello Xard and thanks for sharing.

it's not easy to understand for me but whati see is that octaves are a 256 square of time of MMlines (32 square of time). Is it the same thing at a higher level, and do we trade it as the MM trading rules?? If it is so, why preferring a 256 square of time?.

Thanks again.

256 square of time would equal one year & 32 square of time would equal 1/8th of the 256 square.

Xard777

The other thing i don't understand clearly, is when i switch from H4 tf to daily, the size of of danTimeframe gets bigger than the octave indicator (meaning bigger than 256 square of time). And what i dont understand is the fractal link between time frame and the size of the square of time (i'm not talking about mmi).

Flytox:
The other thing i don't understand clearly, is when i switch from H4 tf to daily, the size of of danTimeframe gets bigger than the octave indicator (meaning bigger than 256 square of time). And what i dont understand is the fractal link between time frame and the size of the square of time (i'm not talking about mmi).

If you are using a timeframe then it takes the high/low extreme from x number of 4hr bars back to create its frame. A daily frame has up to six times more data than the 4hr frame and will create a larger frame as the high/low extremes will no doubt be greater for the same daily x number of bars back.

Xard777

I find it helps listening to the Prodigy, their law: the singles with the volume ramped up.

Reason: