The Murrey Math Trading System - page 154

only in the dictator bounty

xard777:
Everyone has their own quirky taste as to which timeframe to use, I like to use the 4hr chart a lot for trading.

I will make two charts of the same pair, the left chart I will use mm timeframe, the right chart I will use mm octaves.

When you look at the mm octaves chart you will see that the market wants to run from 0/8th to 8/8th and reverse back down to the 4/8th level, it also wants to run from 4/8th up to the next 4/8th and reverse back down to the 8/8th (the market likes to run in octaves...0/8 to 8/8th...4/8th to 4/8th & 0/8th to 8/8th again) when the market runs these octaves it will go past these levels and use the breakout area of -1, -2 & +1, +2 or in the case of octave 4/8th to 4/8th 3, 2 & 5, 6. As murrey states if the market fails to close beyond the breakout area then it wants to go back to it's 4/8th level, a lot of the time the market will go back down to it's 4/8th level and continue to drop to 2/8, 1, 0, or -1, -2. A lot of money is made when this happens. When the market fails to close beyond the breakout area and heads south you are basically looking at 6/8th, 4/8th, 2/8th & 0/8th target levels. If it stops at 4/8th or 2/8th you ask yourself is this a possible 4/8th to 4/8th next octave?

Same when it fails to close beyond the -2/8th and goes north 2/8th, 4/8th 6/8 & 8/8th (if it hits 8/8th look at a reverse back to 4/8th, If it only goes up to 4/8th or 6/8th ask is this the start of next octave run down 4/8th to 4/8th? At times it will go back down and reverse at the 1, 0, -1 or 2 and still be in it's existing octave and run up to 4, 6, 8)

People say that mm is only a ranging indicator fine, when the market continues to run in one direction watch for it running out of steam after two, three or five octaves, then the whole process starts again. 8/8th to 0/8th and 4/8th to 4/8th or sometimes it will run 0/8th up past the 8/8th and stop at the next 4/8ths (this is actually a two octave run, if it goes from 0/8th past the 8/8th and stops at the next 8/8th, this a three octave run, now if it continues past that and stops at the next 8/8th, thats a five octave run...maybe the market is not running away after all, maybe its just moving in a mm range...I'll let you figure that one out).

You would be nuts to use MM on its own...you would fail

If you use it with a couple of other indictators you enhance your chance of predicting a future move from a toss of the coin to 80/20, use a trailing stop loss for the 20% time it's a runaway market.

If you do start to lose trades STOP, pull out all your capital and walk away from the pc....you will only throw good money after bad. Go for a swim, buy yourself new clothes, just take your mind off the market. you can go back the next day and see how much you would have lost and feel better for staying away.

Just remember your winnings are free of tax, paye, vat, insurance, employees wages, sickness, maternity leave, rent, rates, telephone, bank charges, gov charges, fuel at the pump duty charges etc...

So let's all have fun out there kids..

Xard777

I am new to the thread and am very interested in using this. I have a couple of questions. Where is this MM Octave indicator? It is not listed in your early posts anymore. Also, you suggest using another indicator, what is it that you use. Still reading and learning this, but I like what I see and want to use this as my main trading system. Thank you.

I wud like to know the meaning of following things appear at the top left of chart

M a new to octave can any one help with this term in top left corner that comes with octaves or Murray Math. These appears like this when I attach the indicator to the chart.

OCTAVES v4

fractal = 100 ? ( what does this mean)

MKL00 = 37.5? ( what does this mean)

1/8ths = 37.6953? ( what does this mean)

X = 38.47? ( Most importantly wat is this 'X' is this the target )

this digits keep on changing can u help me what this term really mean

MM dashboard issue?

Tsar:
Hi All,

These Murray Math Dashboard_Multi Currencies Indie

- Can choice Currency to look (with Delete another Currency in Symbols Setting)

- Can choice Compact Mode feature.

- Arrow for previous broken MM Level.

- Replace Terminal font with Lucida console.

- Work in ALL Time Frime.

Hopefully useful !

Best Regards,

Tsar

Hi Tsar...I saw your MM dashboard tool as well as you MM all TF indicator...first of all, let me ephasize that both are very usefull tools..god job my friend, honestly...but, after going over time frames and comparing if MM dashboard correctly responds to what "MM all TF" is showing, I spotted that on GBP/USD Daily TF, dashboard is acctually showing different move...seems like it doesnt calculate MM levels the way "MM all TF" does...as you can see on attachment, dashboard is showing that currency is between 5th and 6th level which differs of what MM indicator calculates (showing that price 1.6289 is between 6th and 7th level)...interesting thing is that other currency pairs have no this issue...only GBP/USD, and only on daily TF...so, if you dont mind, I would like you to go over your code and check up if you can spot where could be a bug...once again, I really appreciate your entire work and would like if you respond to us on this...

Files:
snapshot.gif  31 kb

Files:
image001.png  15 kb

Thanks and Help Please

Tsar:
Hi increase,

Below H1 Time Frime, still need CHANGE inP Setting.

Try Use P with 50 Value or another... Cause I'm not sure, which the Best Setting.

Best Regards,

Tsar

Tsar, thanks for the great work. Can you help here, I am getting zeros in the dashboard!

Dashb - sam1197's library

Thanks in advance.

Sam

MML indicators, different MML lines

lachara:
Hi Tsar...I saw your MM dashboard tool as well as you MM all TF indicator...first of all, let me ephasize that both are very usefull tools..god job my friend, honestly...but, after going over time frames and comparing if MM dashboard correctly responds to what "MM all TF" is showing, I spotted that on GBP/USD Daily TF, dashboard is acctually showing different move...seems like it doesnt calculate MM levels the way "MM all TF" does...as you can see on attachment, dashboard is showing that currency is between 5th and 6th level which differs of what MM indicator calculates (showing that price 1.6289 is between 6th and 7th level)...interesting thing is that other currency pairs have no this issue...only GBP/USD, and only on daily TF...so, if you dont mind, I would like you to go over your code and check up if you can spot where could be a bug...once again, I really appreciate your entire work and would like if you respond to us on this...

Hi:

did you verify the MML lines vs other MML indicators? I am getting different results from another indicator.

thx.

lachara:

Thanks. Sam

MML Setting?

skn:
Thanks Tsar.

Kindly consider my request for another Dashboard to supplement yours.

Regards.

What settings do u use?

The indi uses 200... what do u use for D1, H4, H1, 15M..

Thanks.

Settings for MM_levels_VG

Hi all,

So many posts, but I still don't comprehend what is the relation P and MMperiod settings. What values should be assigned for let say 1hr TF or 4hr TF?

Appreciate any specific input

Reason: