The Murrey Math Trading System - page 82

MM refreshing

Cees Prins:
Exactly, just found out this morning. Downloaded the mq4 yesterday.

You have to open the indicator to have it to be recalculated

Regards,

Cees

I currently use these MM indicators but they have no baby MM lines on them, however they do recalculate when price exceeds the extremes.

The MMLevels indicator has just the numbers as a label and dotted lines,

The MM#Labellevelsindicator has solid lines and complete labels on the lines, both of these are from an indicator I downloaded off this site and I have renamed them and altered them to suit myself and I use them on a black background.

I use the MMLevels along with other indicators on my main trading chart and have muted the colours so that the chart does not look too busy and I use the MM#LabelLevels on a separate chart to give a clearer MM view. I still use theMurrayMath-TimeFrame indicatoron the larger time frames like Daily Weekly and Monthly as recalculating is not such a problem and the baby levels seem to be more significant.

Hope this helps and if someone could meantime alter the MMTimeFrame indicator it would be great

mmlabellevels_period.ex4

See attached screen shots

Files:
1_11.gif  24 kb
2_11.gif  23 kb

Rainbow:
Although a EA would be nice to tryout selling 7/8ths and 8/8ths and plus 1/8 and buying minus 1/8 and 0/8ths 1/8. on a 15m 30m 1hr chart. Because he's said he did the math and he said it works.

I have an EA for testing. It doesn't work... Traded 1 lot to show money.

GBPUSD automatic trade, no filter. 1 octave TP, 1 octave SL

-1/8 & +1/8 2W 5L -1172

0/8 & 8/8 9W 7L +781

1/8 & 7/8 15W 14L +387

2/8 & 6/8 15W 26L -4316

3/8 & 5/8 14W 20L -1567

Same thing, but with 2TP 1SL

-392 7 trades

-390 10 trades

-795 20 trades

-5486 32 trades

-2517 27 trades

Any more ideas? I'm happy to test them. Come up with a good one, I'd be glad to send you an EX4.

Edit: trading -2/+2 is also in the negative.

It doesnt have to break +2/8ths to switch time frames or octaves, last chart was 31 pip spread - this one switched because it moved to 62 pip spread. Murrey's software switches automatic between spreads.

Rainbow:
It doesnt have to break +2/8ths to switch time frames or octaves, last chart was 31 pip spread - this one switched because it moved to 62 pip spread. Murrey's software switches automatic between spreads.

My apologies

Xard777

Murrey was very vague in the manual about shifting octaves.

There is the -2/8 or +2/8 shift down or up.

There is the "above 8/8 for several days" shift up (or below for down)

There is the undocumented half-square (MMML for the mMML square are 0/8 to 1/8, then suddenly 0.5/8 to 1/8)

There is the unexplained phase shift (1/8 to 2/8 becomes 1.5/8 to 2.5/8)

All I have in the manual are a few vague paragraphs. Can you please explain the "spread shift" more please?

xard777:
Enc Chart of Cable Xard777

hello, i love MACD.. do you mind to share your MACD indicators as one above

Little problem to be solve

xard777:
Daily chart of Cable... Xard777

Hi,

Good job you have done here, but i have some technical problem here, when i use your #chart-setup.tpl, my mt4 hang, can you help me?

Thanks,

Ejo3s

daraknor:
Murrey was very vague in the manual about shifting octaves.

There is the -2/8 or +2/8 shift down or up.

There is the "above 8/8 for several days" shift up (or below for down)

There is the undocumented half-square (MMML for the mMML square are 0/8 to 1/8, then suddenly 0.5/8 to 1/8)

There is the unexplained phase shift (1/8 to 2/8 becomes 1.5/8 to 2.5/8)

All I have in the manual are a few vague paragraphs. Can you please explain the "spread shift" more please?

I'll try to find more for you on the spread shifting - I've had his software for 8 years now and the shifting cost me alot of money until I only traded 62 pip spread thats where the majors usually stay if goes to 31 pips I wait till it goes back to 62 pips. Another thing I learned the hard way was always wait for the data to go up above the mml and then sell a baby below the mml. Iwould like to buy your EA om murrey if you would sell it.

This time it broke thru.

Files:

I dont bother anymore about whether its a +2 or a 4/8 or 8/8 ect ect. Ijust divide the charts into octaves, then watch price reaction as it nears a octave.

Thats my 2 cents worth

Cheers.....Maths

Reason: