I dont get this...

Why does my demo Interbank acccount have a spread of 30 pips sometimes and others its 10. Why does this fluctuate. At my usually broker, its 3 pips all the time.

It makes it so hard to trade. The real prices falls, where the IBFX price goes up... WTF?

Me being a day trader, makes it really hard to trade like this. Because I usually make +10 pips a trade, where if it costs 30 pips to open a trade, then I make NO money.

During fundamentals release sometimes there is such a rush to trade that it’s impossible to actually make your entry point. In order to solve that, spread is set higher than in other moments. This is only one possibility but that has happened with my MT4, but I think you should ask to your account advisor.

You will see many brokers doing this...especially now with less banks giving liuquidity to the broker the spreads will be hirer

watch out for news times and slow times (right after market opens on sunday)

really just wait a few minutes and it should get better but by that time you may have missed the trade...of course with 30 pips spread that means your still down 20 pips after those few minutes!

good luck

My experience with IBFX was like this. They even play with the spread during normal market movements often increasing it but 1 pip as I open a position, then going back once the position is opened.

This is why I prefer a broker with enough liquidity to give a fixed spread.

MarcL:
Why does my demo Interbank acccount have a spread of 30 pips sometimes and others its 10. Why does this fluctuate. At my usually broker, its 3 pips all the time.It makes it so hard to trade. The real prices falls, where the IBFX price goes up... WTF?Me being a day trader, makes it really hard to trade like this. Because I usually make +10 pips a trade, where if it costs 30 pips to open a trade, then I make NO money.

Why not try and contact your broker and lay the complain, this might help. And do proper analysis before making orders.

Analysis is most important before trading if you really wanna profit and I agree with goot that you should contact your broker for this problem.

Reason: