MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal build 610 - page 13

angevoyageur:

Nope. I just check.

OnInit and OnDeinit are executed. Documentation needs to be corrected.
Or the events removed. The more differences, the less compatibility with the MQL5. Actually, I do not believe the compatibility is a goal any longer, but I used to believe it.

Ovo: Or the events removed. The more differences, the less compatibility with the MQL5. Actually, I do not believe the compatibility is a goal any longer, but I used to believe it.
Or make mql5 scripts allow OnInit and OnDeinit. Having 2 inconsistent languages cannot be a good thing in the long-run.

angevoyageur:

Nope. I just check.

OnInit and OnDeinit are executed. Documentation needs to be corrected.
Thank you. Fixed.

angevoyageur:
Hi Alex, it would be probably useful if the compiler complain when OnInit() or OnDeinit() are used concurrently with OnStart().

We will think about it.

ubzen:
Or make mql5 scripts allow OnInit and OnDeinit. Having 2 inconsistent languages cannot be a good thing in the long-run.
In the long run there will just be mql5 so it's not a long term issue.

alxalx:

Does OnTrade() actually work?

I created a simple EA with just Print("a trade event...") there and it doesn't trigger no matter what trade I open/close/modify manually in the terminal.
When I try to create new Expert Advisor from a template the OnTrade() is grayed out.

And again - why compiling any EA resets other working EAs on open charts despite they're not related?

The reset reverts all settings to defaults which may be dangerous in some cases. I have to switch to an empty profile to safely compile anything.

OnTrade functionality isn't implemented at this moment.

RaptorUK: In the long run there will just be mql5 so it's not a long term issue.

And when would it become alright taking away Hedging || Import-Data || Backward Compatibility?

Imo, they weren't brave enough to tell everyone to reprogram all their stuff this time.

Lets say you're right, when someone does port from mql4+ > mql5, they'll be cussing again about the OnInit Bug within their Scripts.

ubzen:

And when would it become alright taking away Hedging || Import-Data || Backward Compatibility?

Imo, they weren't brave enough to tell everyone to reprogram all their stuff this time.

Lets say you're right, when someone does port from mql4+ > mql5, they'll be cussing again about the OnInit Bug within their Scripts.

If someone needs compatibility between mql4 and mql5, he has to check the documentation, and knows both language.

There is no "OnInit bug". It was a "bug" in the documentation.

angevoyageur:

If someone needs compatibility between mql4 and mql5, he has to check the documentation, and knows both language.

There is no "OnInit bug". It was a "bug" in the documentation.

Wouldn't knowing One language be better than knowing Two?

Yeah I know. I'm one of the guys telling people about differences in language/behavior when they're crying bugs because they do-not get a behavior they expected.

Added: People posting on the forum do-not usually say "there's a bug in the documentation".

ubzen:

Wouldn't knowing One language be better than knowing Two?

Yeah I know. I'm one of the guys telling people about differences in language/behavior when they're crying bugs because they do-not get a behavior they expected.

Added: People posting on the forum do-not usually say "there's a bug in the documentation".

Sorry but I don't get your point. What is at stake in this discussion ?

MT4 and MT5 different platforms, mql4 and mql5 are different programming languages. They have now a subset of the language in common. It's only RaptorUK who said that mql4 will be replaced by mql5, he can said what he wants, that does not make it a truth.

Reason: