MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal build 610 - page 10

Hi, I'm having another problem, now with a very important indicator, please, somebody help me.

I have an indicator that simulates renko bars, it is loading on a m1 chart and simulates the renko bars on a m2 offline chart.

At this time I can attach it on chart and run with the sets I need, perfect. But after running, I cannot open the m2 offline chart, so.. I can't see anything! When I select file > open offline, the m2 is not there. And it was always there.

I used this indicator, with no jokes, about 3 years! It simply can't stop now. I do not use time frames for trading.

The EA I was talking about is not so important, cause I have another one, that is working, that do almost the same thing.

If somebody is able to help me, please, I would be very appreciate.

Thanks.

mrangelo:

Hi, I'm having another problem, now with a very important indicator, please, somebody help me.

I have an indicator that simulates renko bars, it is loading on a m1 chart and simulates the renko bars on a m2 offline chart.

At this time I can attach it on chart and run with the sets I need, perfect. But after running, I cannot open the m2 offline chart, so.. I can't see anything! When I select file > open offline, the m2 is not there. And it was always there.

I used this indicator, with no jokes, about 3 years! It simply can't stop now. I do not use time frames for trading.

The EA I was talking about is not so important, cause I have another one, that is working, that do almost the same thing.

If somebody is able to help me, please, I would be very appreciate.

Thanks.

The chart is probably not created, or not created at the right place ?

Does OnTrade() actually work?

I created a simple EA with just Print("a trade event...") there and it doesn't trigger no matter what trade I open/close/modify manually in the terminal.
When I try to create new Expert Advisor from a template the OnTrade() is grayed out.

And again - why compiling any EA resets other working EAs on open charts despite they're not related?

The reset reverts all settings to defaults which may be dangerous in some cases. I have to switch to an empty profile to safely compile anything.

alxalx:

I created a simple EA with just Print("a trade event...") there and it doesn't trigger no matter what trade I open/close/modify manually in the terminal.
When I try to create new Expert Advisor from a template the OnTrade() is grayed out.
Don't know...seems not.

And again - why compiling any EA resets other working EAs on open charts despite they're not related?

The reset reverts all settings to defaults which may be dangerous in some cases. I have to switch to an empty profile to safely compile anything.

Did you report it to ServiceDesk ?

alxalx:

OnTrade is not mentioned anywhere, is it a hidden feature?

I think only the compiled script resets its inputs to default, in all its appearances in charts. Other scripts are just reloaded, but not reset. Anyway it is annoying.

angevoyageur:
Don't know...seems not.

Did you report it to ServiceDesk ?

It looks I'm too dumb to find the right link... where is it?

alxalx:

It looks I'm too dumb to find the right link... where is it?
Sorry I forgot to post it...the procedure is here : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/628

angevoyageur:
Sorry I forgot to post it...the procedure is here : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/628

Thank you very much. However I cannot see such things in my profile. Maybe because I'm MQL4 registered user? Do I have to upgrade/crate new/else to report it?

BTW: it seems OnTrade() is not implemented in the MT4 yet.

angevoyageur:
The chart is probably not created, or not created at the right place ?

Hi, so.. I'll try to explain.

I attach the indicator on m1 chart, it can be in any TF, but on m1 it works better, then I have the option to set in what offline chart I can use for simulate it, that can't be the defaults TF's, so it is not work, then I use m2.

If the indicator is attached on the chart, eur/usd m1 for example, I have to open the eur/usd m2 offline chart to see the renko, but I have no options to choose, it is not there on the list (File > Open Offline), But when I remove the indicator from m1 chart, then m2 is on the list, but it doesn't work live, in real time...

I'm sorry for bothering you, but it is very strange, cause the indicator was working perfectly, nothing was changed, and the more funny thing is that it was working right before I uninstall the mt4 and install it again.

In the Journal and Experts tabs on terminal, it says that the Custom Indicator was loaded and initialized successfully.

I'm very thankful for any help..

alxalx:

Thank you very much. However I cannot see such things in my profile. Maybe because I'm MQL4 registered user? Do I have to upgrade/crate new/else to report it?

BTW: it seems OnTrade() is not implemented in the MT4 yet.

Yes you have to register to mql5.com. ServiceDesk is centralized for both MT4 and MT5 there.
Reason: