MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal build 610 - page 14

angevoyageur:

It's only RaptorUK who said that mql4 will be replaced by mql5, he can said what he wants, that does not make it a truth.

Quite right, it is just my opinion I have no inside information.

RaptorUK:
Quite right, it is just my opinion I have no inside information.

Neither do I.

In fact I don't understand why you are repeating that regularly (mql4 will become mql5). Let's say this is true one day, so what ?

angevoyageur: Sorry but I don't get your point. What is at stake in this discussion ?

My point was having consistent languages. I believe it'll be easier for users and programmers alike.

angevoyageur:

Neither do I.

In fact I don't understand why you are repeating that regularly (mql4 will become mql5). Let's say this is true one day, so what ?

I was simply answering this post . . .

ubzen:
Or make mql5 scripts allow OnInit and OnDeinit. Having 2 inconsistent languages cannot be a good thing in the long-run.

. . . if it's true then there is no issue in the long run. It seems the obvious conclusion to what is happening now . . . IMO.

ubzen:

My point was having consistent languages. I believe it'll be easier for users and programmers alike.

RaptorUK:

I was simply answering this post . . .

. . . if it's true then there is no issue in the long run. It seems the obvious conclusion to what is happening now . . . IMO.

I see. However, old mql4 with init(), ondeint() and mql5 aren't consistent. People ask for backward compatibility, which is normal, but how to manage this contradiction. If you want consistence between language, you have to broke backward compatibility of 1 of the language.

By the way, I really don't see why mql4 and mql5 have to be consistent (I mean : ok, it's preferable, but it's not mandatory).

angevoyageur:

I see. However, old mql4 with init(), ondeint() and mql5 aren't consistent. People ask for backward compatibility, which is normal, but how to manage this contradiction. If you want consistence between language, you have to broke backward compatibility of 1 of the language.

By the way, I really don't see why mql4 and mql5 have to be consistent (I mean : ok, it's preferable, but it's not mandatory).

I understand your point and it makes perfect sense.

But then, my question is ... why port so much of mql5_language into mql4?

angevoyageur:

Actually I agree with you People want different things, MQ can't keep everyone happy all the time. Change always upsets people . . . the upset can be mitigated somewhat with good information and documentation.

ubzen:

I understand your point and it makes perfect sense.

But then, my question is ... why port so much of mql5_language into mql4?

If MQ told you the reason and the end goal maybe you could plan for the future by adjusting what you do now ?

RaptorUK:
Actually I agree with you People want different things, MQ can't keep everyone happy all the time. Change always upsets people . . . the upset can be mitigated somewhat with good information and documentation.

Yes I know. Information isn't always good, documentation is now published but with some errors. Things are improving...in some weeks/months everyone will have forgotten this upgrade. And others will have new objections...

RaptorUK: If MQ told you the reason and the end goal maybe you could plan for the future by adjusting what you do now ?
I think you hit the 8-ball with that one RaptorUK.
Reason: