MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal build 610 - page 6

angevoyageur:
Seems there is a bug in build 610.

Guess so.

Certainly something is different in the compilations of build 604/610. 610 is approx 2k bigger in file size.

Investigated a bit further. While attaching the EA compiled 610 to build 610 to a chart or starting MT4 with it, URLDownloadToFileW does not work.

While starting the EA with the debugger from Metaeditor it does work perfectly and continues to do so. The problem does not occur afterwards any further.

Hope that helps a bit.

... Taking a look at the posts about this update, it seems that many people are having the same problem than I...

My EA, that was built exclusively to me... a simple one.. simple stop movements, isn't working properly... and it was working.

Some features that some brokers offers for us, like 'One Click Trading' or 'Mini Terminals', are having problems too..

That's a pity, I'm sure that Metaquotes are trying to build / updating the best platform for us, but I think there's something wrong with this one..

I hope it's fixed..

As from build 610, notification seems not work.

Both test from the dialog, and SendNotification function in the script don't work.

I don't know this is the problem from build 610 or temporary error of something (ex. notification server), or my misconfiguration.

It is sure that it does work as of build 604.

Anyone meets the problem here?

UPDATE: Now all notifications received! Maybe temporary delay of notification.

I like the new input parameter vs. the old extern parameter... I especially like the ability to use a more user friendly description in the inputs window. By displaying the comment in the place of the actual variable. Like this...

However I've noticed that this only works if you have the #property strict in effect... if you comment it out it does not work.. Is it possible to make it work without #property strict?

mrangelo:

... Taking a look at the posts about this update, it seems that many people are having the same problem than I...

My EA, that was built exclusively to me... a simple one.. simple stop movements, isn't working properly... and it was working.

Some features that some brokers offers for us, like 'One Click Trading' or 'Mini Terminals', are having problems too..

That's a pity, I'm sure that Metaquotes are trying to build / updating the best platform for us, but I think there's something wrong with this one..

I hope it's fixed..

same problem...Which is ? There can be a lot of reasons why your EA isn't working as expected. Can you give us some details ?

Jimdandy:

I like the new input parameter vs. the old extern parameter... I especially like the ability to use a more user friendly description in the inputs window. By displaying the comment in the place of the actual variable. Like this...

However I've noticed that this only works if you have the #property strict in effect... if you comment it out it does not work.. Is it possible to make it work without #property strict?

I think it used to work as you would like, but it was reverted at request of some guys here.

Ovo:

I think it used to work as you would like, but it was reverted at request of some guys here.
Really ?

angevoyageur:
Really ?

Not sure actually, but Raptor would know. I never tried to omit the strict option.

Ovo:

Not sure actually, but Raptor would know. I never tried to omit the strict option.
I mentioned it but didn't make an official request via the Service Desk.

RaptorUK:
I mentioned it but didn't make an official request via the Service Desk.

Lol, your wishes tend to come true.
Reason: