MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal build 610 - page 9

WHRoeder:
Why? That's perfectly acceptable for a script. The compiler should complain with the use of OnStart() in a EA and OnTick() in a script.

You are right about OnStart() vs OnTick()..., but :

OnInit

The OnInit() function is the Init event handler. It must be of void or int type, with no parameters:

The Init event is generated immediately after an Expert Advisor or an indicator is downloaded; this event is not generated for scripts.

Same for OnDeinit().

WHRoeder:
Why? That's perfectly acceptable for a script. The compiler should complain with the use of OnStart() in a EA and OnTick() in a script.

You can, at the moment, still use init() and deinit() . . . just not OnInit() and OnDeinit() . . . it's pretty intuitive if you think about it

angevoyageur: You are right about OnStart() vs OnTick()..., but :
Learning curve has a slippery slope.

angevoyageur:

Can you please post the logs from Terminal window, Experts and Journal tab when you attach the EA to a chart.

2014.02.17 13:51:55.703 Cannot open file 'C:\Users\'user name'\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\C603EF303D369FE1BE6C7A5BA05799FE\MQL4\Experts\'Expert name'

Message in Experts tab

In Journal tab, nothing..

I love it! :-D

Even if MetaQuotes made you a big fat liar! LOL..
Hey if we don't start laughing at this mess we are all going to go crazier.....

Oh Im sorry it was Raptor that is the liar... you are probably next...LOL

On a more serious note.. when is this going to work.. or is it working and I have a problem..

When I download and click I get this...

mrangelo:

Please don't answer inside the quote.

Weird. It's probably not a big deal, but I am short on idea at the moment.

Jimdandy:

On a more serious note.. when is this going to work.. or is it working and I have a problem..

When I download and click I get this...

Sure any little problem is caused by the new MT4 build now

Right-click on the file you just downloaded, Properties and Unblock.

WHRoeder:
Learning curve has a slippery slope.

angevoyageur:

You are right about OnStart() vs OnTick()..., but :

Same for OnDeinit().

This is just silly. So many things we have not been warned about.

Should the compiler pick this up and warn the user. It seems to warn you about every other damn thing under the sun.

dietcoke:

This is just silly. So many things we have not been warned about.

Should the compiler pick this up and warn the user. It seems to warn you about every other damn thing under the sun.

Please don't exaggerate. It's a new feature from mql5, you don't have to use it. If you want to use it, read the documentation.
Reason: