MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal build 610 - page 11

mrangelo:

Hi, so.. I'll try to explain.

I attach the indicator on m1 chart, it can be in any TF, but on m1 it works better, then I have the option to set in what offline chart I can use for simulate it, that can't be the defaults TF's, so it is not work, then I use m2.

If the indicator is attached on the chart, eur/usd m1 for example, I have to open the eur/usd m2 offline chart to see the renko, but I have no options to choose, it is not there on the list (File > Open Offline), But when I remove the indicator from m1 chart, then m2 is on the list, but it doesn't work live, in real time...

I'm sorry for bothering you, but it is very strange, cause the indicator was working perfectly, nothing was changed, and the more funny thing is that it was working right before I uninstall the mt4 and install it again.

I'm very thankful for any help..

You don't bothering me, but it's difficult to help sometimes. Can't you post the code ?

angevoyageur:
You don't bothering me, but it's difficult to help sometimes. Can't you post the code ?

Hi, The code is a little extensive to post here, I think, but I can attach the indicators here, if it is allowed.

Please be advised that this indicator was offered for traders entirely free of costs, it is not stolen or something relative to this, some programmers worked together in its upgrade, it was available on Forex Factory forum some years ago..

Files:

mrangelo:

Hi, The code is a little extensive to post here, I think, but I can attach the indicators here, if it is allowed.

Please be advised that this indicator was offered for traders entirely free of costs, it is not stolen or something relative to this, some programmers worked together in its upgrade, it was available on Forex Factory forum some years ago..

I will check.

Jimdandy: # I love it! :-D
Oh Im sorry it was Raptor that is the liar... you are probably next...LOL
On a more serious note.. when is this going to work
  1. Image from mql5 side
  2. Already did (just above your post)
  3. It's completely gone, now that the doc's have been updated https://docs.mql4.com//

angevoyageur:

Sure any little problem is caused by the new MT4 build now

Right-click on the file you just downloaded, Properties and Unblock.

Thanks Alain! I was getting a security popup warning window and I was telling it that it was ok to go ahead and open the file ..... and unleash all of that knowledge.... however, apparently, that was not enough....

I did as you said and found that unblock button (didn't know it existed) and lo and behold it worked! However I see that it is still the old file..
I hope they give the new file some kind of name that lets us know this is the MQL4_600+ Version...

If I new how to make a sad unsmiley face here I'd put one... :-( ... but THIS NEW MQL4 UPDATE is making me too stupid to know how to do it.
My natural gas bill went up this month too! I think Metaquotes did it somehow.... They are so sneaky.

Is there a possibility to change my data folder path

'C:\Users\'user name'\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\C603EF303D369FE1BE6C7A5BA05799FE\MQL4\Experts\'Expert name'

In which (ini-?) Files can I change this?

Jimdandy:

Thanks Alain! I was getting a security popup warning window and I was telling it that it was ok to go ahead and open the file ..... and unleash all of that knowledge.... however, apparently, that was not enough....

I did as you said and found that unblock button (didn't know it existed) and lo and behold it worked! However I see that it is still the old file..
I hope they give the new file some kind of name that lets us know this is the MQL4_600+ Version...

If I new how to make a sad unsmiley face here I'd put one... :-( ... but THIS NEW MQL4 UPDATE is making me too stupid to know how to do it.
My natural gas bill went up this month too! I think Metaquotes did it somehow.... They are so sneaky.

You are welcome.

The new file is provided with your MT4 platform, see in the installation folder, or press F1 in MetaEditor.

sunshineh:

Is there a possibility to change my data folder path

'C:\Users\'user name'\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\C603EF303D369FE1BE6C7A5BA05799FE\MQL4\Experts\'Expert name'

In which (ini-?) Files can I change this?

Please try reading this article. https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/1388.

mrangelo:

Ok. I compile the indicator you provide with MT4 509. Then I copy this .ex4 to the right folder on new build. And I run the indicator...then I open the Offline chart (EURUSD, which was there).

But this chart has only 1 bar, is it normal ?

angevoyageur:

Ok. I compile the indicator you provide with MT4 509. Then I copy this .ex4 to the right folder on new build. And I run the indicator...then I open the Offline chart (EURUSD, which was there).

But this chart has only 1 bar, is it normal ?

Hi, this bar is working in real time? At the same price movements than the TF chart? If Yes, it's very good, it means indicator is working properly.

About the bar, the renko bar, as you should know, is a bar independent for time to be built ok? as you recently installed it, the bar is loaded only at this time you put, it means, only now.. To have a considerable chart, you must let mt4 runs for some time.. In more volatile instruments, more bars we have.. got it?

But I learned how to built a considerable chart through the time I use this indicator.

On Option menu > chart tab > Max bars in chart and Max bar on history put the biggest number you can (9999999....) (When you close the menu, mt4 will left with the max. bar allowed)

Then you go on the m1 chart where indicator is attached, deselect auto chart scroll and scroll manually charts backwards (if you zoom it out, it's easier), until allowed by mt4. Than you attach the indicator again and open the offline chart.. you should have a correct / considerable chart.

Reason: