MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal build 509 - page 7

I am sorry I don't understand mq4, exe4, mq5 ex5 or zip it I wish I did understand.

What I understand about computers is the MT4 Platform & e-mail. I bought a computer to trade on, otherwise I have never had an interest in computers consequently I have never learned anything else about these marvelous instruments.

I am an old fart, ( 68 ), & have never had an interest in these type gadgets.

rollo :

If I had an email address, I could send you a copy of my alerts. After writing your reply, I went back & reinstalled the default alerts & they work perfectly as they are intended, but I also had my aftermarket wav files still in platform. Since this latest upgrade of platform, ( build 509 ), these wav files will do nothing. My broker is IBFX & their tech support people are unable to determine what the problem is.

I have another computer hard drive, from my previous computer, that motherboard went out on last year, that has a build from last October which worked fine with these wav files. If I put it on my present computer, my broker says your server will automatically update to this latest build. My broker is who said they believe it may be the latest build.

I have attempted to attach my alert to this post. This isn't the format I am familiar with when sending an attachment. I hope this thing has attached properly. I also tried to attach 1 of my wav files I use for alerts.

This particular alert gives a signal as I choose when the CCI Crosses down into the o'sold area & up into the o'bought area, then another when CCI comes back up out of o'sold/down out of o'bought area, & it sounds when CCI reverses up/down while CCI indicator line is between 100 & -100 lines. The obvious thing is to set a different sound for each event so you know from wav file that sounds what is happening with the indicator.

I have IBFX (Australia) latest MT4 build, and it play various sounds in custom indicators without any problem, but then, my Windows Vista laptop is different than yours, so lets see ...

I read and re-read your posts several times, and I could not figure out what's wrong with your sound problem (there are no problem with default sound, and no problem for the last 5 years), so pardon me for asking this, though you've been doing this for the last 5 years, are you sure that you type the sound name correctly ?

a8l :

I use mt4 more than 3 years, this is normal size for icons and text. Same size all build in the last 3 years. The last 482build showed proper icons and text, then from build 500 have smaller icons and text. Monitor resolution: 1920x1080.

Please try with these Full HD resolution.

I have the same problem with build 509.

Hope it will be resolved in the next build.

sergery :

I have the same problem with build 509.

Hope it will be resolved in the next build.

Have you reported the issue via the Service Desk ?

rollo :

I am sorry I don't understand mq4, ex4, mq5 ex5 or zip it I wish I did understand.

What I understand about computers is the MT4 Platform & e-mail. I bought a computer to trade on, otherwise I have never had an interest in computers consequently I have never learned anything else about these marvelous instruments.

I am an old fart, ( 68 ), & have never had an interest in these type gadgets.

You are never too old to learn . . .

mq4, exe4, mq5 ex5 or zip are file types, your Indicator that gives you alerts will be a ex4 filetype, if you have the source code you will also have a corresponding mq4 filetype in MT4 if you find your Indicator in the Navigator and right click it then click Modify it will open the source code in MetaEditor, from there you can copy the code by selecting it and pressing Ctrl + C then post the code by doing this How to use the SRC button.

To upload your wav file you have to right click it in folder/file explorer window then Send to and then click Compressed (zipped) folder . . . you can upload the zipped file.

RaptorUK :
LOL, why do you need so many Indicators/EAs/Scripts ? delete/move the ones you don't need . . .

Developer environment, this is the only reason why I have to maintain more of them.

I don't see a reason why this number can not be higher, resources surely not, after loading the codebase and signals into the terminal.

An added structure level in the navigator window would be useful, for example

experts/System A/indicators/

experts/System A/include/

experts/System B/indicators/

etc.

szgy74 :

Developer environment, this is the only reason why I have to maintain more of them.

So why do you have them all in your MT4 folder structure ? there s no need unless you are using them all at once, my development environment is outside of the MT4 folder structure and I only move files within the MT4 folder structure when needed.

Error messageHi everyone,

I was trying to uninstall meta4 and encounter this error. Please advise,

regards,

terence

MT4 taking too long to start up.

Reduce bars on chart.
Reason: