MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal build 509 - page 12

SDC: I would ask your broker why are they producing Sunday candles ? It is not neccessary. My broker is GMT+3 they close their price feed at the end of 23:59:59 Friday their time and open at 00:00 Monday morning their time. The terminal is synchronised with their time so no is candle produced with Sundays date. (Even though my time it is Sunday)
  1. The terminal is ALWAYS synchronized with the server's time zone. Irrelevant and can not be changed.
  2. Market opens 6pm NY time, 6pm EST Sunday = 2100z = 0200 (GMT+3) Monday not 00:00. Summer time opens 0100 Monday still not 00:00
  3. Market closes 4pm NY time = 2100z = 00:00 (GMT+3) Friday Midnight. Your broker's TZ results in a full 24 hour Firday.
  4. If your broker was running Sydney time there would be no Sunday candle, Monday would be a short day, and there would be a short Saturday one.
  5. There is nothing to ask your broker. Their choice determines the boundary of daily bars. Why do you think a GMT+3 TZ is any more correct than any other?

1. The Administrators of any server can set its local time to whatever they want it to be.

2. i was under the impression the forex market is 24/7 and it is the brokers choice whether or not to trade at weekends.

5. I think GMT+3 is more correct because it results in 5 full 24 hour candles each week on the trading chart.

1. 24/5.5
  2. GMT+3 give you a 22 Hour Monday during EST, but a 23 Hour Monday and 23Hour Friday during EDT - Two short days and three 24 hour ones. GMT+0 gives 2 short Days (Sunday/Friday) and three 24 hours ones always. I don't see any real difference.

So how do I have both a 24hr Friday and a 24hr Monday ?

constant gaps in live data

I constantly get gaps in my charts regardless of the time frame. I shut down my PC's (windows 7 64, intel i7's 16gb ram, 2gb graphics cards) every evening and restart in the morning. On restart, there is a gap between the shut down time and the start time and I now resort to deleting the historical data before I start MT4 as this is the only way to force MT4 to poll up to date data. I have move MT4 out of the Windows programme file area and into its own folder and given Terminal.exe write and control permissions, but my problems continue. Some currency pairs will not refresh automatically but will refresh manually(this has to be done every 5 minutes).

Has anyone got any advice on these issues?

devaux:

constant gaps in live data

I constantly get gaps in my charts regardless of the time frame. I shut down my PC's (windows 7 64, intel i7's 16gb ram, 2gb graphics cards) every evening and restart in the morning. On restart, there is a gap between the shut down time and the start time and I now resort to deleting the historical data before I start MT4 as this is the only way to force MT4 to poll up to date data. I have move MT4 out of the Windows programme file area and into its own folder and given Terminal.exe write and control permissions, but my problems continue. Some currency pairs will not refresh automatically but will refresh manually(this has to be done every 5 minutes).

Has anyone got any advice on these issues?

Right click on the chart and click refresh . . .

I already have to do that. Some of the charts will refresh using that method but others do nothing, hence me having to delete all historic data and restarting MT4. Some of my charts will only update using the manual right click method but will not give me any automatic updates, That is why on these I have to manually refresh every 5 minutes

devaux:
I already have to do that. Some of the charts will refresh using that method but others do nothing, hence me having to delete all historic data and restarting MT4. Some of my charts will only update using the manual right click method but will not give me any automatic updates, That is why on these I have to manually refresh every 5 minutes
That is not normal . . . try a different Broker, check your Internet connection, talk to your Broker.

Internet connection is fine and has been tested by FXCM. I will get onto FXCM again

I was advised to run MT4 in compatibility mode (XP SP3). This has cured to issues I was having for the moment.
Reason: