MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal build 509 - page 10

ymleong:

Hi MT4 admin

New features needed

Please contact the Service Desk to make any suggestions.

When are you all going to fix the strategy tester so each unmatched data error isn't repeated identically hundreds of times in the log file, surely once is enough. The one below was repeated 418 times in my tester log, and there were about 25 more unmatched data errors, each one repeated so much in the log all total 1476 lines in my log file. That takes a lot of scrolling to get through.

21:50:20 TestGenerator: unmatched data error (volume limit 135 at 2012.04.30 10:15 exceeded)
21:50:20 TestGenerator: unmatched data error (volume limit 135 at 2012.04.30 10:15 exceeded)

Regarding the attached script and similar others ie stop loss, close all drag drop et al, are they no longer working in recent builds of the MT4?

#property copyright "what?"
#property link      "who cares!"

//+------------------------------------------------------------------+
//| couldn't recall a fancy comment here                             |
int start()
  {
//----
   int digits   = MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_DIGITS);
   double value = NormalizeDouble(WindowPriceOnDropped(),digits);
   for(int i=OrdersTotal()-1;i>=0;i--)
   {
      if(!OrderSelect(i,SELECT_BY_POS,MODE_TRADES))
         continue;
      if(OrderSymbol()!=Symbol())
         continue;

RefreshRates();

if(OrderType()==OP_BUY)     
      if(value>Ask)
         OrderModify(OrderTicket(),OrderOpenPrice(),OrderStopLoss(), value,OrderExpiration(),White);
      if(OrderType()==OP_SELL)
      if(value<Bid)
         OrderModify(OrderTicket(),OrderOpenPrice(),OrderStopLoss(), value,OrderExpiration(),White);      
      if((OrderType()==OP_BUYSTOP) || (OrderType()==OP_BUYLIMIT))     
      if(value>OrderOpenPrice())
      if((OrderType()==OP_SELLSTOP) || (OrderType()==OP_SELLLIMIT))
      if(value<OrderOpenPrice())
   }   
   return(0);
  }

patrick007:

Regarding the attached script and similar others ie stop loss, close all drag drop et al, are they no longer working in recent builds of the MT4?

Why not ? why aren't you checking trading function return value and reporting errors ? why aren't you printing variables to find out what is wrong ?

What are Function return values ? How do I use them ?

RaptorUK:

Why not ? why aren't you checking trading function return value and reporting errors ? why aren't you printing variables to find out what is wrong ?

What are Function return values ? How do I use them ?

These sort of scripts were free to download. But since the introduction of the alt key to drag drop TP and SL they no longer work.

patrick007:

These sort of scripts were free to download. But since the introduction of the alt key to drag drop TP and SL they no longer work.
Why don't they work ? is it a problem with WindowPriceOnDropped() ? OrderModify() ? don't you want to know ?

RaptorUK:
Why don't they work ? is it a problem with WindowPriceOnDropped() ? OrderModify() ? don't you want to know ?

Please, I know you do this in your own time, but rhetorical and patronising questions are not constructive. If I want to learn from such attributes I will do the Times cryptic crossword.

Thanks.

patrick007:

Please, I know you do this in your own time, but rhetorical and patronising questions are not constructive. If I want to learn from such attributes I will do the Times cryptic crossword.

Thanks.

Patronising is in the eye of the beholder . . . if you don't want help why ask ? or are you just looking for someone else to debug this code to find out why it doesn't work and then fix it for you ? or maybe you just posted to complain that the newer build broke this script ? to know that you first need to know why it is broken . . .

If you want a straight answer to your literal question " . . . are they no longer working in recent builds of the MT4?" I would reply . . . it's the weekend, I can't test and tell you if it still works, didn't you try for yourself ?

Perhaps you should make the point of your post clear . . . I may well have missed it's correct purpose . . .

RaptorUK:

Patronising is in the eye of the beholder . . . if you don't want help why ask ? or are you just looking for someone else to debug this code to find out why it doesn't work and then fix it for you ? or maybe you just posted to complain that the newer build broke this script ? to know that you first need to know why it is broken . . .

If you want a straight answer to your literal question " . . . are they no longer working in recent builds of the MT4?" I would reply . . . it's the weekend, I can't test and tell you if it still works, didn't you try for yourself ?

Perhaps you should make the point of your post clear . . . I may well have missed it's correct purpose . . .

History repeats itself.........................it has to, nobody listens!

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I'll be back with an answer. I may be some time!!!!

patrick007:

History repeats itself...................

Indeed it does https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/141672

patrick007:

.................it has to, nobody listens!

Yep, seems that way . . . https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/143996/page2#808562
Reason: