MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal build 509

MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal build 509

1. Terminal: Fixed the launch of the client terminal after LiveUpdate operation with enabled UAC.
  2. Terminal: Updated translation of the user interface into Portuguese.
  3. MQL4: Fixed a compilation error that in some cases led to errors in executing MQL4 applications.
  4. Fixed errors reported in crash logs.

The update is available through the LiveUpdate system.

Thank you.

the webinstaller still downloads build 507.

I don't find any menu in MT4 or config option where I can start or disable or enable or approve this liveupdate.

dear mr / ms metaquotes moderator..

can you advise when build 509 will be available pls.

ex4's corrupt after compilation.  EA's not working.  testing at a stand still.  

many thanks 

;-/ 

chaeljc:

dear mr / ms metaquotes moderator..

can you advise when build 509 will be available pls.

ex4's corrupt after compilation.  EA's not working.  testing at a stand still.  

It will depend on when your Broker pushes it out to you,  so ask your Broker.

MT4 terminal.exe gets killed when you execute a script and/or EA with an unused function at the top like this:

int test()
{
  return (1);
}

int start()
{
  return(0);
}

It seems that this bug was introduced in 507 and still exists in 509.

Softgate:

MT4 terminal.exe gets killed when you execute a script and/or EA with an unused function at the top like this:

So don't do it . . .  move the function declaration to after start() . . .  or remove/comment it out.

Do you think I am a fool? Of course I can move the function if needed without being told by you.

I just wanted to report a problem in case MQ isn't aware of it.

Thank you very much for a wonderful advice. /shrug

Softgate:

It seems that this bug was introduced in 507 and still exists in 509.

My include file has numerous unused functions. As per build 509, the corrupted indicator/file error messages are gone and my codes run as intended. Perhaps you need to use at least one function to make it work?

Thank you Metaquotes crew for fixing it in 24H.

Softgate:

Do you think I am a fool? Of course I can move the function if needed without being told by you.

I just wanted to report a problem in case MQ isn't aware of it.

Thank you very much for a wonderful advice. /shrug

So please report it to MQ via the mql5 forum Service Desk link from your profile.

You are welcome . . .  by the way,  did you read the threads about Build 507 ?

rbhauer:

My include file has numerous unused functions. As per build 509, the corrupted indicator/file error messages are gone and my codes run as intended. Perhaps you need to use at least one function to make it work?

Thank you Metaquotes crew for fixing it in 24H.

From the little testing I have just done it seems that the issue has been fixed in Build 509.
Reason: