MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal build 509 - page 5

Is there a way to stop the automatic updates? These are very annoying and dangerous in a production environment.

Aint that the truth.  Not knowing when the updates are scheduled or what they are going to do to live bots is potentially financially damaging to users.

If brokers were able to make the new version available to test existing bots on a few days prior to it going live, it would then be incumbent on the user to ensure his EA's will continue to work after the point of switching over.

Russell:
Is there a way to stop the automatic updates ? These are very annoying and dangerous in a production environment.
Yes there is,  DYOR.

oh me was lazy, u say ;-)

Russell:
oh me was lazy, u say ;-)
Nope,  but if I can figure out a way then so should you be able to . . .  and if you then publish it MQ may well block it,  so I prefer to keep what I have found to myself.  Suffice it to say that it can be done very easily.

So you could disable the auto update in prod (by whatever means), set up a test environment that is allowed to update, test, and allow the latest update in prod (then disable it again).  That's not a bad workaround assuming you can work out how to do it.

Funnily enough we have it the other way round.  Our prod environment updated automatically and the test environments (which reside on virtual machines), would not update due to the following error:

c:\documents and settings\all users\application data\metaquotes\webinstall\mt4clw\terminal.exe - 'This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create an association in the folder options control panel.'

So the update had to be done manually by copying/pasting files into the right folders etc.

a8l:

Please try with 150% dpi settings with old and new builds, then old build selected that option in the compatibility settings.

Can you send me link for register to service desk? 

I will contact my broker in monday, I'll tell to they this exact issue, i hope they contact metaquotes, and fixed soon. (at least before expired 482 build) 

What version of windows are you using? I've noticed a font and some other visual changes with the icons after installing MT4 on a fresh laptop with Win 8.

Win 7  64bit

My MT4 terminal v.509 hangs out after keyboard click on any of navigating keys (home, end, pgup, pgdn, left, right, up, down, and alt - for lines dragging).

Anyone have same thing?

Please, help, thanks.

Edit: I'm using Win XP SP3 (32bit).

RaptorUK:
No you don't.  Simply right click on one of the standard Custom Indicators,  for example ATR,  then click modify,  this opens it in MetaEditor,  compile the file . . .  this refreshes the contents of the navigator without needing to restart MT4..

This is of no use when there are more than 512 mq4 files in the directory, MT4 cannot handle more. The last ones disappear from the navigator window.
Reason: