MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal build 509 - page 13

devaux: I already have to do that. Some of the charts will refresh using that method but others do nothing,
  1. Right click refresh only does that chart. Are you doing all your charts? (shouldn't be necessary)
  2. When you bring the terminal up it should connect and refresh all open charts. options -> server -> keep?
  3. installed in\program files* so can't update history on shutdown?
  4. Bars in history set to a high number - mt4 can take minutes to write current history to files after you close it. (window is gone but process is still writing.) Are you shutting windows down before terminal exits? (taskmgr)

devaux:

constant gaps in live data

I constantly get gaps in my charts regardless of the time frame. I shut down my PC's (windows 7 64, intel i7's 16gb ram, 2gb graphics cards) every evening and restart in the morning. On restart, there is a gap between the shut down time and the start time and I now resort to deleting the historical data before I start MT4 as this is the only way to force MT4 to poll up to date data. I have move MT4 out of the Windows programme file area and into its own folder and given Terminal.exe write and control permissions, but my problems continue. Some currency pairs will not refresh automatically but will refresh manually(this has to be done every 5 minutes).

Has anyone got any advice on these issues?

Yes don't shut them down. I dont shut my trading PC down ever except when it needs rebooting for some reason. There is an issue there though, your terminal should automatically request the missing bars, have you tried reinstalling the terminal ? Program Files is not the cause of any such issue. I have 2 terminals installed in Program Files both 509 and beta 553 they work correctly with only user level permissions and with UAC turned on.

Hi All,

I am having trouble with Build 509. When I place a new .ex4 in the experts file and restart MT4 the new EX4 file disappears from the experts file?

Any ideas?

Cheers

Reason: