can not download mt4 platform

Hi,

I am using a 64 bit pc with 16gb memory and windows 10. I had been using mt4 downloaded from oanda. It was working fine until last week. Somehow terminal.exe gets deleted after I finish editing some ea. When I check the folder,

all the other folders are there but teminal.exe is not there. I tried to reload by uninstalling first and try to download mt4 again. All other folders show up but not terminal.exe. So I tried to download into a brand new folder and same

thing happens.. It seems like I have run into some king of permission issue. I am the administrator of this pc, (I am the only user). Can someone give me a clue as to what is happening here?

Prataprai Kaneria:

Hi,

I am using a 64 bit pc with 16gb memory and windows 10. I had been using mt4 downloaded from oanda. It was working fine until last week. Somehow terminal.exe gets deleted after I finish editing some ea. When I check the folder,

all the other folders are there but teminal.exe is not there. I tried to reload by uninstalling first and try to download mt4 again. All other folders show up but not terminal.exe. So I tried to download into a brand new folder and same

thing happens.. It seems like I have run into some king of permission issue. I am the administrator of this pc, (I am the only user). Can someone give me a clue as to what is happening here?

I've had the same issue, and haven't fixed it yet.

But I've been advised by my broker to check my anti-virus software and make sure the subscription has not expired.

A

Prataprai Kaneria:

Hi,

Maybe you unfortunately got hit by a virus.....to be sure check your antivirus program, update it and do a full scan of your whole cpu! Use a good antivirus program, there's some good free one's and there's even better in som payed versions.

Sounds a bit strange that only terminal.exe would fail without any reason…..well i dunno but check if cpu are virus free!

The terminal does this itself under different conditions. One of them is if the path you launch the terminal from ends with a reparse point. Not sure if this is the case for you, there are probably other cases too.

Reinstall in a clean location outside of your system's program folder. This *may* fix your issue.