can not download mt4 platform

To add comments, please log in or register
Prataprai Kaneria
Prataprai Kaneria  

Hi,

I am using a 64 bit pc with 16gb memory and windows 10. I had been using mt4 downloaded from oanda. It was working fine until last week. Somehow terminal.exe gets deleted after I finish editing some ea. When I check the folder,

all the other folders are there but teminal.exe is not there. I tried to reload by uninstalling first and try to download mt4 again. All other folders show up but not terminal.exe. So I tried to download into a brand new folder and same

thing happens.. It seems like I have run into some king of permission issue. I am the administrator of this pc, (I am the only user). Can someone give me a clue as to what is happening here?

andrew
andrew  
Prataprai Kaneria:

Hi,

I am using a 64 bit pc with 16gb memory and windows 10. I had been using mt4 downloaded from oanda. It was working fine until last week. Somehow terminal.exe gets deleted after I finish editing some ea. When I check the folder,

all the other folders are there but teminal.exe is not there. I tried to reload by uninstalling first and try to download mt4 again. All other folders show up but not terminal.exe. So I tried to download into a brand new folder and same

thing happens.. It seems like I have run into some king of permission issue. I am the administrator of this pc, (I am the only user). Can someone give me a clue as to what is happening here?

I've had the same issue, and haven't fixed it yet.

But I've been advised by my broker to check my anti-virus software and make sure the subscription has not expired.

A

Kenneth Parling
Kenneth Parling  
Prataprai Kaneria:

Hi,

Maybe you unfortunately got hit by a virus.....to be sure check your antivirus program, update it and do a full scan of your whole cpu! Use a good antivirus program, there's some good free one's and there's even better in som payed versions.

Sounds a bit strange that only terminal.exe would fail without any reason…..well i dunno but check if cpu are virus free!

alphatrading
alphatrading  

The terminal does this itself under different conditions. One of them is if the path you launch the terminal from ends with a reparse point. Not sure if this is the case for you, there are probably other cases too.

Reinstall in a clean location outside of your system's program folder. This *may* fix your issue.

To add comments, please log in or register