Opinion - very successfull EA - $3000 account to $6300 in two weeks (could have been $9000) - page 7

serpentsnoir:

I am looking for the opinion of some of the experienced people on here. I have programmed a simple EA, and it seems to work fantastic on a demo account.

==>> I also programmed a simple EA and got fantastic results and posted here just like you to answer your question about the possibility of you over-looking something just like I did in mine. My trading strategy was out of control and just hit the market at the right time - it could wrongly be considered successful.

The reason I am asking is that it seems too good to be true and I am worried I have missed something.

==>> it is possible based on my experience above.

I guess this was the post I should have made - sorry Mick.

yes ok fair enough, a misunderstanding but understand I am only asking for simple help with code. Im not here to waste anybodies time. My EA closed above $10,000 on Friday, from $3,000 on the 14th March. It has more than trebled in size in just under three weeks. I have not found another EA which does that, and while Im not saying it isnt out there, I havent seen my strategy spoken about on any of the various forex forums. If it turns out that it doesnt work on a live account, nothing is lost, but Im using a demo account and Ive been watching the feed from a live account simultaneously and they are pretty much identical. I cant see why it could be difficult and I have looked and I have asked people with more experience their advice. This is all. I just want help making my strategy work in code as an EA.

MickGlancy:
I cant see why it could be difficult and I have looked and I have asked people with more experience their advice.

for example alpari demo vs alpari standart:

Spread: EURUSD live minimum: 1.6 PIPS (i have seen 16Pips spread and more), EURUSD demo minimum: around 0.5PIPS.. If you use trailingstops, you have to calculate -1.1 Pips / Profitable trade at the best case and maybe some trade's stoploss is not hit on demo, but on live.

Slippage: wont happen very often on demo, but on live maybe at every trade operation. (Open and Close)

Requote: from my experience there is no much difference between live and demo under normal conditions, of course during news there is.

just a few and depending on the strategy, the average win/loss these can be a killer.

zzuegg:

Spread: EURUSD live minimum: 1.6 PIPS (i have seen 16Pips spread and more), EURUSD demo minimum: around 0.5PIPS.. If you use trailingstops, you have to calculate -1.1 Pips / Profitable trade at the best case and maybe some trade's stoploss is not hit on demo, but on live.

Slippage: wont happen very often on demo, but on live maybe at every trade operation. (Open and Close)

Requote: from my experience there is no much difference between live and demo under normal conditions, of course during news there is.

just a few and depending on the strategy, the average win/loss these can be a killer.

hi zzuegg

when i mention spreads its not exactly the spreads that floor runs through "CONNEX" but price cross over from Bid point all the way up to what in known like an equlibrium

if you are interested we can work to fix a spred EA to see how it does automaticly

now to run the other type of spread you must be a floor trader with extreem fast computers

and lings direct to intrabank you can't trade spreads with ALPARI because executes its orders through dealing desk you cant trade this spreads only with FXCM and maybe DBFX with very big accounts!

I get another question the 1st program you made according MACD it is OK if you send me a code copy?

t

zzuegg:

I see that the reality of trading with a broker has extra challenges but it is otherwise the level playing field that everyone has to trade in. There is no getting away from this, and it is possible to actually make a small living off the forex according to some accounts, so it cant be an impossible situation. Have a good strategy, staying away from the news periods and a low spread; these sound like the best things to do/have ?

MickGlancy:
Have a good strategy, staying away from the news periods and a low spread; these sound like the best things to do/have ?

Yes, yes and yes. I learned that lesson going from demo to live account and trying to trade a news manually. So there I was with my hands on the trigger waiting for the news to come out. I've done this a couple of times in demo account. I was expecting a big release. The news didn't come out on time. but i was calm as it almost always never do. Finally it came out and and it was big, then boom... my broker froze the platform. I was like wtf. Then it re-opened up again but 50 or more pips away from where i last saw it with no gaps.

Then panic set's in. I'm still thinking damm, instead of saying screw this, i decided i wanna place the trade anyway. I place the trade, and broker re-quotes, i hit ok and it re-quotes lol ... all this time the price is going up and up. I'm like literally smashing the OK button by this time. Finally i get my trade in 100 pips away from in-tended. But price is now heading in the opposite direction fast. I'm like wtf. Mind you, I've placed this trade multiple times on a demo account. And you would not believe it. I accidentally placed the trade in the wrong direction. But it's a good thing now because price is headed in the opposite direction.

I think to myself, ain't no way this is gonna last. So i close that order out at a profit of about 50-pips. Then I placed the order in the correct direction. The second wave of news comes out and it's the opposite of the first news but not as Big and price kept going down. I just said screw this. But instead of closing the trade. I kept saying to myself the first news will prevail. Eventually it did but i had to sit on losses for most of that Friday and only able to get out at profit created by the weekend gap. Man, good thing this was a pennies account trade. It still cracks me up thinking about it.

Full ack from my side. I have made a ~65Pip Spread trade 2 weeks ago. Note that i have opened the trade at the open of the bar, unfortunately i had the Ask line not on the chart. But i could not believe in a strong JPY these times... good ~500 Pips+, but i got a shock when i saw the trade opened with ~65 minus just after open.

Rofl.. yea man. Robots have it's own sets of problems but thats not one of em. I have nothing but respect for someone who does all their trades manually sitting in front of the computer. Mistake, Emotions even bathroom breaks could have you looking for revenge on the markets.

The shock not, but the high spread would be also a problem for an EA if you don't use a spread filter... But an EA might not have taken the trade beside you have an NeuroNet which reads the newspaper ;)

Yep, thats the drawback of EA's can't understand crisis. And also I don't mean to imply that EA's take the emotions out of trading. As the Trader always have the option to pull-the-plug if he's emotionally battered.

Hi experienced and master of EA i have been fed up with manual trading please provide me a good EA which works great with 500$ with exness 5 digit broker .

Thanks

Reason: