Why is the normal distribution not normal? - page 28

Again, why does it matter to you whether the price passed a figure in an hour or a day?

Imagine that the market interrupted trading for an hour: quotes are a constant. Why take this hour into account when analyzing the patterns of price series? Does it give you something?

When I said that I meant analysis of price series without using time, I meant not the Expert Advisor's work, but the study of price series for patterns that can hypothetically give profit.

For multicurrency EAs synchronicity is not needed. I have attached an example of such an EA.

The markets have volumes. Market time is a measure of volume change. It has nothing to do with astronomical time.

About value:

Asset values cannot be traded directly like prices. There are different methodologies for valuation. I will not bring up the subject of value again.

getch >> :

About value:

Asset values cannot be traded directly like prices. There are different methodologies for valuation. I don't bring up the subject of value anymore.

How much simpler can it be? If the value of an asset is higher than its market price, we buy at the market price. If the value of the asset is lower than its market price, then sell at the market price. Over time, the price is bound to move in the direction of value. That is arbitrage. But nobody knows how to estimate the value.

Yurixx >> :

Of all the distributions, I have only seen the eura. So I have no choice: EVRA ! :-)

Right !

>> thanks to pigsaurus for the tip on the place.

timbo wrote >>.
The price is bound to move towards value over time. That's the kind of arbitrage. Except no one knows how to estimate the value.

>> the joker!

Neutron >> :

Joker!

Can you make an argument?

If there was a system for accurately estimating the value of an Asset, then bidding on it would stop immediately, because the price would equalise with the value. Market bidding is the result of the interaction of different valuation systems, all of which are wrong.

timbo писал(а) >> Аргументировать можешь?

No, well, I highlighted a place in your post which seemed to me piquant (so...). Clearly, the issue of a fair price is paramount in any kind of market activity (be it buying an old Zhiguli, or gambling on exchange rates). I just wanted to emphasise the importance with which you said, essentially nothing, but beautifully.

Allow me to correct it a bit:

timbo писал(а) >>

Can you argue for it?

If there was a system for accurately estimating thevalue of an asset, then bidding on it would stop immediately, because the price would equalise with the value. Market bidding is the result of the interaction of different valuation systems, all of which are wrong.

If everyone had.... // onwards

:)

I'm going to stock up on popcorn for the evening - this promises to be a hot and exciting discussion. :)

And now, unfortunately, it's time to go to the stall, the tube is calling, there's a day's work ahead.

getch >> :

Again, why does it matter to you whether the price passed the figure in an hour or a day?

Not why, but for what. For forecasting.

Arbitration does not collect ALL possible profits from the market. Do you have to prove it or do you know it? It's even more profitable to know in advance. I can throw you a link to one of your experts. Do you need it? ;)

MetaDriver >> :

Let me tweak it a little bit:

If only everyone had.... // further on in the text.

It doesn't go away. If it were possible, everyone would have it. But a system for accurately estimating value is impossible, so no one has it. The best thing mankind has come up with to estimate value is the market price. So...? Is it an accurate valuation? Does anyone know a better system?

timbo >> :

It doesn't work.

1. If it were possible, everyone would have it.

But an accurate value system is impossible, so no one has it. The best thing mankind has come up with to estimate value is the market price. So...? Is it an accurate valuation?

2. Does anyone know a better system?

1. What the fuck, excuse me?

2. I have no idea. Maybe someone does. Maybe they don't. One thing is certain - prediction is possible. How much certainty/probability is another question. Go for it, instead of asserting yourself in a general depression. :) :)

Reason: