Frequently Asked Questions about the Signals service - page 78

ftd:

Hi,

How do I change the money management settings on a paid subscription please?

Thanks,

FTD

2 settings you can use

1) risk%, set it higher or lower base on how much you wanted to risk. MQL used this as part of lot ratio calculation

2) set equity$, this meant once your equity <= equity$ on the signals tab, MQL will KILLED all open trades from the providers and PREVENT new trades from provider from opening into your mt4

===

You can also run your own written/purchased/freebie order management EA alongside subscription on your mt4. You can even run multiple EA within same acct. Is NOT recommened to run combo of subs + EA or other subs etc etc, coz of margin level/margin requirement and u can easily MC/SO out (margin call, stop out)

I am going to subscribe to a signal today that has open trades all in negative. How will that effect my account tomorrow when market opens?

tamoorraja:
I am going to subscribe to a signal today that has open trades all in negative. How will that effect my account tomorrow when market opens?
I am not sure about it but I think that in this case - the trades may be opened on your account on the market price (not on the price which the signal provider opened them). So, because of that, I am suggesting to you to wait until the open trades will be closed. I mean - do not subscribe to the signal with open trades.

Just my opinion sorry.

tamoorraja:

How to Configure the Trading Platform to Use Signals

• Synchronize positions without confirmations — automatic synchronization without additional confirmation. When subscribing to a signal, trading states of the Subscriber's and Provider's accounts are synchronized periodically. This can be an initial synchronization during subscription activation or a periodic synchronization when differences between Subscriber's and Provider's accounts are detected.
    If pending orders or non-signal positions (opened manually or by an Expert Advisor) are detected at the Subscriber's account during synchronization, the dialog offering to close the positions and remove the orders is displayed. If during the initial synchronization, a provider account has floating (unfixed) profit, a user will see a dialog window offering to wait for better conditions to start copying. In both cases, synchronization is not performed and copying of signals is stopped until the user makes the decision by clicking the appropriate dialog button.
    If the platform is working around the clock without constant external control (for example, runs on VPS), confirmation requests to perform synchronization are left unanswered and thus can prevent signals from being copied. When this option is enabled, synchronization is always performed automatically without the need for Subscriber's confirmation.

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

hi

91063848, 2016.10.12 00:54

In MetaTrader 5 You could have only one position general, one symbol on time that same.
so if accounts customer and providers accounts have position open ?

Hi, I have tested a paid signal with a demo account and would now like to change to a live account at the same broker, before my subscription expires. How can I change the account from demo to a live account without subscribing again??

chuma:
Hi, I have tested a paid signal with a demo account and would now like to change to a live account at the same broker, before my subscription expires. How can I change the account from demo to a live account without subscribing again??
Write to Servicedesk please

Sorry, I do not understand English well.

The text below says that if I unsubscribe the singal, the money is still deducted me. Is there a refund, since I have not used the signals for the whole month?

20. Can I unsubscribe from the Signal in the same way I subscribed to it?
You can cancel the Signal subscription in My Subscriptions on https://www.mql5.com/en/signals or directly in the terminal: see MetaTrader 5 Help → User Interface → Toolbox → Signals: Unsubscribe from Signal. If you unsubscribe from a fee-based Signal, the amount blocked in your account for payment of the subscription fee will be deducted from your account upon canceling the subscription.

Thank you! 

Trading signals
Trading signals
  • www.mql5.com
Trading Signals for MetaTrader: social trading, mirror trading, copy trading and account monitoring

chuma:

unfortunately once u subs to a signal there is no changing allowed.

1) Let the current subs expired and subs using your live acct to the same signals

U may skype me for alternative solution

Bacha Rehman:
Let say My signal's Maximum Drawdown is 35% with the initial deposit balance=1000. I deposit more 2000 into my account and let say the balance jumped to 3000. Will it affect the Maximum Drawdown?

It wont necessarily lower the drawdown. Few thingies you may want to learn

1) Leverage. eg u wanted to buy 0.01lots (1000 units) of EU@1.3 and your initial balance was USD1k

Calculation: 1000 units * $1.3 (price) ==> $1300

without leverage you would need $1300. With a leverage of eg 500, you would need to put aside $2.60

2) Margin required This is the margin required for all your open positions. In the above example assuming one open trade of EU, 1000units @1.3, its USD2.60

This is also Margin Used

3) Equity. Equity=Balance less floating loss or add floating profit

4) Margin level. Margin level=(Equity/Margin used) * 100%

If broker has set margin level 100% as margin call and you had reached this level or lower you will see the equity etc displayed at bottom of mt4 turning pink

If broker has set stop out at 50%, when margin level <= 50%, the largest lossing position will be killed/stop out by broker

For more specifics regards how drawdown is being calculated pls refer to this investopedia definition

http://www.investopedia.com/terms/d/drawdown.asp

Pls also note that for some circumstances drawdown may be measured differently, eg when participating in a fx contest, the sponsor of the contest have the rights to dictate what drawdown measurements are used. Hope this is helpful for you

Drawdown
Drawdown
  • root
  • www.investopedia.com
A drawdown is the peak-to-trough decline during a specific recorded period of an investment, fund or commodity. A drawdown is usually quoted as the percentage between the peak and the subsequent trough. Those tracking the entity measure from the time a retrenchment begins to when it reaches a new high. BREAKING DOWN 'Drawdown' This drawdown...
Reason: