Frequently Asked Questions about the Signals service - page 79

tamoorraja:
I am going to subscribe to a signal today that has open trades all in negative. How will that effect my account tomorrow when market opens?
The trades will be open at your broker's market price. But be very cautious when subscribed to provider with large negative balance on open orders. Trades may turn to provider's entry direction but larger dd% may continue as price continues in opposing directions to provider's trades. I tend to agree with Sergey, its best choose to wait for trades to close before u subscribed.

Hi all

The window to subscribe doesn't pop up after I click subscribe! I get a menu that pops up with a summary of details and a password box and subscribe button inside the MT5 platform, then I click subscribe and nothing happens!

Can someone help? Thanks 

Hi...Because every cost can make a difference to profiting or not
..........is a signal providers broker  a lesser choice as a copy traders broker...if the copiers broker has  
smaller (spread+commission costs)...assuming latency slippage average to be the same,..?
Is that the same for pending and market orders?
What if pending orders or at market orders, & provider&copier have same brokers, are trades
routed to mql5 community then to copier,..always?? And therefore more slippage costs?
What if the number of subscribers causes more slippage when hundreds of subscribers, 
if the signal providers broker is same as copier, does that always put that copier ahead of other copiers orders?

I want to provide a signal, but my broker does not provide this service. Is there any other way of doing it without changing brokers?

marctyerman:
I want to provide a signal, but my broker does not provide this service. Is there any other way of doing it without changing brokers?
I am sorry if I am wrong but I think it is not related to the broker ... may be - there are some particularities ...

I have a couple of newbie questions.

1. Can you copy more than 1 signal to a single account with both operating at the same time?  

2. If I'm offline, does this means new trades will not be opened? i.e Do a need a VPN/VPS?

Thanks in advance. 

1. Can you copy more than 1 signal to a single account with both operating at the same time? 

No. One signal per account only.

2. If I'm offline, does this means new trades will not be opened? i.e Do a need a VPN/VPS?

If offline with no VPS? Trades will not be copied in this case (you should always be online).
Yes, it may eb good to use MQL5 VPS for this situation: you can be offline in this case.

Just check this good HowTo instruction about:

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

I cannot succesfully subscribe to [name of the signal was deleted] copytrade

Eleni Anna Branou, 2017.01.10 15:10

Hello Andrea,

Try to follow the instructions below, its easier to subscribe to a signal through your MT4 plaftorm: 

1. Register a MQL5 account: https://www.mql5.com/en/auth_register 

2. Open your MT4 platform and go to Menu >> Tools >> Optios and click on the Community tab. There you put your Login and Password of your MQL5 account and click OK.

3. Go to the search area of your MT4 platform, on the upper right corner (where the magnifying glass is), type in the name of the signal you want to subscribe and click Enter.

4. You will see lower, in the Terminal Window of your MT4 platform, the results of your search. Click on the name of the signal you want to subscribe. 

5. Click on the green Subscribe for $$ USD button on the right side of your MT4's Terminal Window.

6. Select the paymet method and complete payment for your subscription.

7. In the Optons >> Signals window that opens, tick the following options:

• Agree to the terms of use of the signals service
  • Enable real time signal subscription
  • Copy Stop Loss and Take Profit levels
  • Synchronise positions without confirmations

8. In the Use no more than: ...... of your deposit (95% maximum) field below, put the percentage of your capital, you want to participate in signal's copying.

9. In the Stop if equity is less than: ...... field, put the amount of your capital, you want to preserve, or leave it empty. 

10. In the Deviation/Slippage field, select an option and click OK in the Options window to close it.

11. Now you have completed the subscription process and the only thing you need is a VPS (Virtual Hosting) in order to copy the signal 24/7 without having your MT4 platform open all day long. 

12. Go to your account details in the Navigator window of your MT4 platform, right click in your account number or name and select the option Register a Virtual Server.

13. In the Virtual Hosting window that opens, click Next, then Next again, select the VPS with the lower Ping, ms value (right side of window) and click Next.

14. Select your payment plan for 1, 3, 6 or 12 months, tick the: I agree to the virtual hosting service rules and the auto renewal option below (if you want) and click Next.

15. Complete your payment for the VPS Service and you are done. 

Hi....if already subscribed to a signal, is there an option to pause that subscription for a week or 2, without incurring further subscription costs...

No, I am afraid not. Once you subscribe for a month you can't pause it, you can only cancel, but you are still charged for the whole month.

hi, does anyone know about the fact that some brokers don't allow signal copying anymore? This seems to be due to a new regulation in Germany (probably other EU countries too). Is there a way to work around this? I find it quite annoying
Reason: