Classic theory says about Price Action patterns (set ups) as about stated combinations of candels/bars, which appearance alarms about likely good moment for entrance to market. Pattern forms according to stated sample of price moves, which shows status, dinamics and market hidden potential. Using Price Action patterns as an alarm for deals opening, may give a trader some statistics advantages, because retry of known price moves sample is more expectable, rather than it wont retry again. Patterns are unique for all markets and time frames.
That is how theory says. What is on practice? A research made by Vertex Investments (in fact represents a huge scope of work) shows that Price Action patterns really work, but not always and not anywhere. How and where? Pattern Explorer © adviser will help you to study it out.
Pattern Explorer © is a powerful tool that allows the trader to easily create automated trading systems based on Price Action candlestick patterns.
With Pattern Explorer © you get the ability to:
- check the operability of various patterns on various financial instruments and timeframes.
- to find the most profitable combinations for a specific pattern on a certain symbol by testing various take profit and stop loss variants.
- to improve the profitability of the trading system by using various filters.
- to run the automatic trading systems created and tested in the MetaTrader 4 tester.
- to use the acquired statistical data on the profitability of a particular Price Action pattern in your "manual" trading, in order to make more reasonable decisions.
- to join the process of creating and testing strategies now, with no programming skills, receiving the immediate experience, which develops the systematic trader sense and contributes to the emergence of the increasingly profitable ideas and plans, which in turn can be implemented outside the context of the Pattern Explorer © and Price Action pattern trading.
What is actually present in the EA as of version [1.0]:
- 10 built-in patterns, for each of which 100 degrees of strictness, that are applied to its detection and criteria.
- The ability to use each pattern "inversely", using the inversion function. (in fact it is + 10 patterns more)
- four different versions of SL (including averaging) + the ability to use a trailing stop and place a "breakeven".
- Three different ways to take profit, including a combination of the variants.
- usage of additional conditions for entering the market (filters), such as: trend/counter-trend filter, day of the week filter, volatility filters and sessions filter.
See build-in patterns!
Example of making strategy with Pattern Explorer EA.