UK finance minister Osborne speaking to BBC radio 28 June 2016
- crucial to provide fiscal stability
- UK in prolonged period of economic adjustment
- decisions on taxes, spending to come under new PM
- absolutely going to have to cut spending and raise taxes
- stands by decision to hold referendum
- pro-Remain candidate can become PM, not backing any runners for the moment
- own role in next govt depends on new leader
Isn't it time he stepped down and gave a man with his glass half-full a chance to take this forward?
Osborne earlier ruled himself out of the Conservative Party leadership, and hence PM, contest.
Osborne - Looking for another job soon?