Mq4 file appearing as ex4

I am having a problem that I have never faced before.

I have some EAs that I downloaded free here, they are in mq4 format.

But when I put them in my live account, they dont work. They are shown as grey when they are not ex4 files and also when i try to attach them to a chart, message appears saying that C/Experts/indicator.ex4 cannot be opened.

I tried to attach some indicators, again same problem. they are free mq4 indicators but it says exe4 cannot be attached. It has to do with a live account ?

how to correct this ?

Thanks

abhi17 :

I am having a problem that I have never faced before.

I have some EAs that I downloaded free here, they are in mq4 format.

But when I put them in my live account, they dont work. They are shown as grey when they are not ex4 files and also when i try to attach them to a chart, message appears saying that C/Experts/indicator.ex4 cannot be opened.

I tried to attach some indicators, again same problem. they are free mq4 indicators but it says exe4 cannot be attached. It has to do with a live account ?

how to correct this ?

Please post some of the code here . . . and please use the SRC button. How to use the SRC button.

Thanks for the reply,

I am attaching the EA,

It has nothing to do with it I think as it is working in my demo account.

It has to do with something with mt4 platform ( Why is it showing this EA and other EAs which are in mq4 format as ex4 format, and they are grey . wheras the same EA loaded in other accounts look coloured and work fine )

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Files:

abhi17 :

Thanks for the reply,

I am attaching the EA,

It has nothing to do with it I think as it is working in my demo account.

It has to do with something with mt4 platform ( Why is it showing this EA and other EAs which are in mq4 format as ex4 format, and they are grey . wheras the same EA loaded in other accounts look coloured and work fine )

The file you attached compiles OK.

Have you tried compiling the files from the MT4 Navigator ? right click on the name of the EA in the Navigator, then Modify then from within MetaEditor click compile. Can you please also confirm the Build number for this MetaEditor and the Build number of your Terminal.

Reason: