MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 872

hi! i have written a custom indicator which draws some additional curves onto the main chart window. the indicator works well for a while but after some time, for example, if i come back to the chart after a few hours, i find that the indicator lines have become corrupted: they reflect the wrong...
  Trading by energy levels  (153   1 2 3 4 5 ... 15 16)
Please speak up )))) Started in the EURUSD discussion thread )))) Anyway, here is the idea. There are OHLC values for each bar. We take and add all numbers that are included in these quotes and obtain some new (integer) dimension of market movement. The code in MQL looks like this: int SUM( double
Hi, I'm pretty advanced by now using EA, and I'm automating my trading through them, I'm working with 3 different brokers all through MT4 (Alpari, Forex.com, ActivTrades) and out of 3 months of trading, this has happened once on each one. I request to open an order, and receive the ticket I...
[Deleted]
Hi! I want to write a function that will allow me to enter at least 3 dates with times as external variables, so that during those times (or for example for two hours after those times) my expert advisor would not make any trades.Can you please point me to the right material where I can learn how to...
[Deleted]
I have an EA which opens 2 orders of differing lot size. Occasionally, 1 lot will not open, or I will close one lot manually, etc. I'd like to be able to display the open order status on the chart, rather than searching through the terminal to find the pair, etc - can this be done automatically?
[Deleted]
Everyone, I have developed a relatively simple EA, and wanted to test it by using Strategy Tester in order to find the best setup (S/L,T/P). I recognized that the numbers in the report after several runs are different. So I decided to run the EA on Strategy tester 3 times in a row, without changing...
I have written an EA that has to scan multiple currencies and give an alert when certain conditions are true for a particular currency pair. Can I test this EA in the Strategy Tester and receive Alerts when a condition is met in a particular currency?
I wanted to test signal for a broker but it doesn't work because symbols are suffixed with m by broker so expert cannot recognize. Is it possible to change ?
It took me months to getting started I have given up multiple times this is why : there are tons of very good but lengthly articles as well as samples codes without explanation so when a beginner who tries to understand and not just copy and paste - often it doesn't work - you have to extract the
When running logic every tick - only looking at open trades and staying away from history trades - the backtesting suffers and takes longer. If you move that logic to a DLL (probably c# or freepascal or c++ sample in mt4passing either each tick or an array[] - something efficient ) - well ............
string look1, look2, symarray[ 5 ]; symarray[ 5 ] = { "EURUSD" , "EURJPY" , "GBPUSD" , "USDCHF" , "JPYGBP" }; ArraySetAsSeries (symarray, false ); // index starting 0 at left look1=symarray[ 0 ]; look2=symarray[ 1 ]; Print ( "symarray 2 elements 0 = " +look1+ " and 1= " +look2); Simple eh! except
[Deleted]
Hello, Is it possible to move the time backwards by some increment (eg tick, candle, etc.) in the Strategy Tester? Or to start the tester at a specific time of day? Thanks.
[Deleted]
Hi, can someone tell me if it is possible to download the entire archive of EA's from code-base in one go ? For example from an ftp folder. Regards Rob
HI, I want to be able place 9 currency pair rates inside array specified to that pair. Compiles successfully without errors, so there is no syntax errors in the code. But In Terminal when I am launching EA in message window, it shows this kind off error: 2013.08.08 21:22:47     multi_chart GBPUSD...
Hi there, I am pretty new to MetaTrader 4 and are about to program a simply entry order. But everytime I compile I get these errors: '{' - expression on global scope not allowed '\end_of_program' no function defined my code is: {   int ticket;   double Start_time = 0.00;      if( TimeCurrent() ==...
I have a script to export quotes but it only works if I open a chart. Can't I modify so that I'm not obliged to open a chart first ? Excerpt of source code : FileWrite (handle, "Time;Open;High;Low;Close;Volume" ); // data recording for ( int i=iBars(symbol,theperiod); i>= 0 ; i--) { datetime t =
hi everyone please share customized alarm for (QQE ADV) indicator in MT4 when RSI line crossed signal line and 50 line at same direct (buy or sell) thanks alot.
In Expert window I only get "Print Tick EURUSD,M1: loaded successfully" nothing more whereas I did ask to print every tick. There's no error. I have no indicator in chart just this expert, no other charts open. int start()  {                           int i;                  string symbol;...
I have written some basic code to incorporate into my EA, where by, if the server time is out of my trading time frame, no trades will searched for, let alone any positions be placed. I have a few questions around this: 1) Can this be properly analysed via Strategy Tester, or is that impossible...
I created this EA using Expert Advisor Builder (http://sufx.core.t3-ism.net/ExpertAdvisorBuilder/index.html). This EA uses parts of the GMMA indicator. It just utilizes 7 of the 12 moving averages for simplicity. It opens one position when conditions are met and Trailing Stops takes care of the...
I have the latest update to MT4. My broker is IBFX and they are useless in helping me. I have windows 8. After the last update, when I completely close MT4 I lose all my settings. What I mean is when I open MT$ from being closed down I have to click on "view" and toolbars and get all my toolbars...
After having been at Forex for awhile now, both coding and trading, I'm beginning to suspect that retail traders have almost no chance of being profitable consistently. Even when you find an EA that has perfect backtest results you find something like it utilizes no stoploss. Even a pure...
In my expert start() I have          handle = FileOpen(filename, FILE_CSV|FILE_WRITE, ";");                  if(handle > 0)         {            FileSeek(handle, 0, SEEK_END);            FileWrite(handle, quote);            FileClose(handle);         }   But I got only one line in my file...
plz i have in forex 10  years  and im serhing the best indecator  on frame 1 min for i entry  full margin   im waiat from hellp    thank uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu 
[Deleted]
I have a problem regarding counting the number of bars that satisfied certain conditions.. conditions are 1. ema(C,8) cross down ema(C,13) in the previous bar. 2.ema(C,8) cross above ema(C,13) M number of bars back before the cross in 1. 3.ema(C,8) cross down ema(C,13) N number of bars back before...
int start(){..ObjectCreate ("Point"+Time[i],OBJ_TEXT,0,Time[i],Close[i]);ObjectSet("Point"+Time[i], OBJPROP_TIMEFRAMES, OBJ_PERIOD_H4);ObjectSetText("Point"+Time[i],"Cross"+Close[i], 10, "Times New Roman", White);return(0);}int deinit(){ObjectsDeleteAll(0,OBJ_TEXT); // It will delete all OBJ_TEXT...
Shall i use NULL instead of Currency name? I tried as NULL instead of EURUSD,but results are "0"? int digits=MarketInfo( "EURUSD" ,MODE_DIGITS);
Hi, are there any MT4 plugin for MT5 platform, so that I can use all my MT4 EA/indicators on the new MT5 platform?
[Deleted]
Hi, I heard in somwhere that this indicator is very useful. The probleme is that there is an error in his code. :( I am not a coder but i know some programming so i checked and i think it is not a big deal so can some one please give it a look and try to fix it
Hi: I have just met a problem of the custom indicator data buffer synchronization problem. I made an indicator called ML_iDayATR , which is used in the timeframe smaller than D1. This indicator plot the day ATR value in the chart like H4, H1. The first run of ML_iDayATR indicator is very slow. I...