Custom Indicator Dissapears

I noticed that sometimes when I send a custom indicator to a friend, when he copies the ex4 file in the indicators folder(under experts) it disappears or gets erased.

When the platform(MT4) opens is not under the Custom Indicators in the Navigator Window.

When he goes back on the C: drive in the Indicators folder(under Experts) is not there!

Also, sometimes it has to go thru the Desktop folder, then thru a user folder, then AppData folder. then Local folder, then VirtualStore folder, then Program Files(x86), then platform folder, Experts Folder and Indicators folder!

Any idea how to solve these 2 problems?

thalassi:

I noticed that sometimes when I send a custom indicator to a friend, when he copies the ex4 file in the indicators folder(under experts) it disappears or gets erased.

When the platform(MT4) opens is not under the Custom Indicators in the Navigator Window.

When he goes back on the C: drive in the Indicators folder(under Experts) is not there!

Also, sometimes it has to go thru the Desktop folder, then thru a user folder, then AppData folder. then Local folder, then VirtualStore folder, then Program Files(x86), then platform folder, Experts Folder and Indicators folder!

Any idea how to solve these 2 problems?

Read the forum ! search the forum for UAC, look up UAC in Google . . . it's yet another UAC issue. Simple solution . . . DO NOT install MT4 ( or MT5 ) in any Program Files directory . . . instead use something like C:\MT4Installs\Broker_name\

I have the MT4 folder as a part of C:\ and I still have this problem. My UAC is on low (never notify). Any other ideas ???

thalassi: I noticed that sometimes when I send a custom indicator to a friend, when he

Both of you guys need to make sure that its not installed in Program_Files.

Re-Install the terminal on the Root of C drive. Example C:\New_Folder.

smtm:
I have the MT4 folder as a part of C:\ and I still have this problem. My UAC is on low (never notify). Any other ideas ???

Its not about being part of C:\. Program_Files is part of C:\. You want to make sure it's not within the Program_Files Folder.

This sounds too much like UAC issue. So make sure to re-install for Both of you guys.

smtm:

You have the same problem as the original poster ? what has your friend tried ?

Open the MT4/Experts folder, look on the toolbar of that folder for an icon called Compatability Files. If it is there click it.

Reason: