MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 867

1) Is there any way to modify the display icons of mq4 or ex4 files ? It would be nice to add custom icons to them. 2) I need a list of default indicators built in in mt4 which work on shift 0, aka at the current bar, since most of them only give accurate return's on the previous bar, shift 1.
Please help me write the simplest code that when my signal is triggered it opens one market order and four other pending orders at an interval of 25 pips at the same time. The target for all the five orders is 50 pips from the entry price. No stop loss for all the orders.
[Deleted]
  ObjectCreate()  (3)
Hello, When I try to place an arrow on the current chart, like so:   ObjectCreate("Start", OBJ_ARROW,0,TimeCurrent(),PRICE_CLOSE); it doesn't show up at the last bar on the chart. In the Object the object has the properties: The last bar is 7am, but I can see the 1am bar and there is no arrow....
Can anyone fix this for me? it drive me headache. i tried to deleted all the "//" but i still say unbalance left parenthsis.
MarketInfo(Symbol(), MODE_STOPLEVEL); what's the fuction's
Hello, I'm experimenting with a short code, just to learn how to place objects at different bars in a chart. I just wanted to place a vertical line at each bar in the chart (later I'm gonna add conditions for where a vertical line should appear) Now, when I place this "indicator" on a chart, it...
Hi guys, I'm trying to code the double bottom chart pattern using fractals, and although the compiler says there are no errors, it doesnt seem to work in an EA. can you help me figure out whats wrong? bool doublebottom()   {   double val1,val2,v1[],v2[];   double Lows[],Highs[];   double highshift[]...
[Deleted]
  Recording data  (5)
Hi! I am placing two stop orders after the 00:00 candle is formed.(buy stop, sell stop) But I am placing SLs and TPs only after they are hit..which means it can happen on candle after 00:00 candle or 5 candles after that.. For my strategy,I need to know the High and the Low of candle 00:00...Please...
I know the money in Alpari can withdraw to MQL5.COMMUNITY, and the money in MQL5.COMMUNITY can withdraw to webmoney, what is the maximum withdraw limit of webmoney ? how much to withdraw by wankwire in webmoney, and how to do it? thanks
  MT4 for Ubuntu  (1)
As Strategie optimisation, or Indicator with multi-ut & multi paires can kill any CPU Is there a "to do list" to make MT4 for Linux ? I means native linux, ( Not inside windows emulator ) B/R Igvisor
The only way I know to draw a short horizontal line is using the following: ObjectCreate(string name,OBJ_TREND,0,Time1,price1,time2,price1);ObjectSet(string name,OBJPROP_COLOR,Orange);ObjectSet(string name,OBJPROP_WIDTH,1); ObjectSet(string name",OBJPROP_STYLE,STYLE_SOLID);ObjectSet(string name",...
[Deleted]
Hello, can i send a weblink with the MT4 Push Notification Messages to my Smartphone and click that link then also? Must the MetaTrader Application run all the time when you want to receive a Push Notification Message? Is there any other better way how i can send a message to my smartphone? Sending...
[Deleted]
Hello, Does anyone understand this weird behaviour bellow: int init()  {   double LotSize =1.11611;   int pres = -1*Logb(10,0.01);    Alert("LotSize = " + LotSize + ", -Logb(10,0.01) = " + (-1*Logb(10,0.01)) + ", pres = " + pres +  ", norm = " + NormalizeDouble(LotSize,pres) );   return(0);  }...
[Deleted]
Hello, If my strategy requires frequently using the Fibonacci tools with different levels each time, what is the best way to make the process quicker? I'm thinking of writing a script that takes the price/time extremes as input, then computes the relevant levels and draws lines on the chart. Does...
  Save As Report  (2)
I want to a account history report for mt4 . But not perform. error: TemplateFile: cannot open the template file
Hello I need your help in programming a (pre determined initial and ending dates) linear regression channel with (sound alert, notification and send email) in all cases of crossing the mid line of the channel or moving outside. thanks in advance
I have an idea: take 27 currency pairs (currencies such as USD, EUR,GBP,CAD,JPY,AUD,CHF,NZD) and find the average. You get a basket of world currencies. You can clearly see that the bubble is growing until 2007. The maximum was in July 2007 and the double top was in October 2007. The trend of the
[Deleted]
  Bill Williams and his strategies...  (336   1 2 3 4 5 ... 33 34)
Hi all, can you tell me where I can see a transcript of his books :-) as he writes in a strange and contradictory way, e.g: "You shouldn't sell above the Alligator's Paw, and you shouldn't buy below the Alligator's Paw. Alligator's Mouth. Otherwise, you'll be feeding the Alligator, which could leave
[Deleted]
It's for an Ea. For example I want the EA to count the amount of bars(starting from 0) that appeared since an MA crossover. I just don't understand the logic that will 'BarsSinceMACrossover++' every new bar. - Regards
Hi, it works fine in the Stretagy-Tester if I enter Objects placed in the 'future' of the modelled time. But would that work on the real market chart as well: ObjectCreate (id, OBJ_TREND , 0 , iTime(Symbol(),PERIOD_M30,0) - 1 , BuLim, iTime(Symbol(),PERIOD_M30,0)+(30*60-1), BuLim );
[Deleted]
Hi guys, Just starting to build my EA after some months of research, I came to a point where I need to get the close price shifted back, lets say 5 days ago. I know that Close[5] is good enough but this wont work in a simulation since it will take the actual date as the start. It's really important...
i have simple ea . how can i putting a incresing sl and tp. some one help me //+------------------------------------------------------------------+//|                                               100 pips a day.mq4 |//|                      Copyright © 2005, MetaQuotes Software Corp....
[Deleted]
Hi! Is it ok to place two stop orders (buy and sell) at the same time,I mean will the broker allow me?(with the help of an ea ofcrse) For example 1 above the high and 1 below the low of "candle[1]" once its closes? Thanks
hi all i am currentley using windows 8 and i am having some issue in my back test results what i did was manually back tested and then use the ea to confirm my results. this has worked for 2 currency pairs (eur/aud and gbp/aud) but not on the eur/usd (Back test came up with 102 and the ea came up...
I'm not returning any value for this iCustom function. I am trying to get the following value of Momentum //====================== // Indicator Setup //====================== SetIndexStyle(0,DRAW_HISTOGRAM,EMPTY,3); SetIndexBuffer(0,Pos_Diff); SetIndexStyle(1,DRAW_HISTOGRAM,EMPTY...
Hi, I have calculated in my MS Excel sheet many values for different forex symbols such as: Stop Loss, Take Profit, Lots() etc... How can I import data from MS Excel into my Expert Advisor in order to set for example Stop Loss as value from my excel sheet("source"), cell(A3) ? Regards,
  int and double  (2)
Feel free to ignore this if you want, it's a little simple, but I hope someone can explain this aspect of programming to me? I tried to find the number of points between 2 prices (i.e. an integer like 10 points, or 2 points).       int    origSLpoints = (SLprice-askprice)/Point;      double...
Hello, I wrote EA using 2 different timeframe.eg. 15m and 4hr. but when i backtest nothing doing. Forward test works fine where i opened 2 timeframes on chart. Question is: Is this possible to code to test backtest also? if yes how it will be done? I saw someone wrote ea using multi timeframe.which...