Download MetaTrader 5

Timeframe 3m,10m Possible?

To add comments, please log in or register
Sherif Hasan
Sherif Hasan  

Is this possible to use timeframe 3m,10m for EA, which is not available in chart?

SYED NAUFAL GADDAFI
SYED NAUFAL GADDAFI  
See Offline chart.
Sherif Hasan
Sherif Hasan  
deysmacro:
See Offline chart.

Yes.that i know. but i like to use these timeframe for writing EA.

Possible?

SYED NAUFAL GADDAFI
SYED NAUFAL GADDAFI  
Use period converter then.
rod178
rod178  
sheriffonline:

Yes.that i know. but i like to use these timeframe for writing EA.

Possible?

if you do not required visual images of, say, the H3 candle then it is a simple matter to code H3 using blending of a lower timeframes, start at M1.

coolaid
coolaid  
sheriffonline:

Is this possible to use timeframe 3m,10m for EA, which is not available in chart?

Yes.

You can print the values of any indicator with the listed ENUM_TIMEFRAMES and see for yourself.

The EA would have to run in variance to the standard time frame you throw it on. In example I can use 8,10,12 min indicators but watch a back test only in standard timeframes(1,5,15,etc).

rod178
rod178  
Coolaid:

Yes.

You can print the values of any indicator with the listed ENUM_TIMEFRAMES and see for yourself.

The EA would have to run in variance to the standard time frame you throw it on. In example I can use 8,10,12 min indicators but watch a back test only in standard timeframes(1,5,15,etc).

"Note. Timeframes, different from the standard timeframes of the client terminal (PERIOD_M1, PERIOD_M5, PERIOD_M15, PERIOD_M30, PERIOD_H1, PERIOD_H4, PERIOD_D1, PERIOD_MN1, PERIOD_W1) can be used when working with offline charts".
To add comments, please log in or register