MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1636

Hello, I was adviced by my broker, ibfx, to install the newest version of the metatraderthrough their site. So I did. But since then my EA doesn't work anymore, also notin Strategy Tester, it just doesn't give any results. While on an older build thesame EA works and the strategy tester and such...
[Deleted]
Hi, There are not accelerating keys for "Chart Shift" button and "AutoScroll" button ? Thanks, Tintin92
[Deleted]
  Please Help!!!!  (1)
Please help I am coding my new EA. But I am struggle in one bit. I want to put some constraintsin the use of my EA. As follows Trial version of the EA as to end: Minute: 15 Day: 20 Month: 6 Year: 2007 Any suggestions on how to code that. Your help is very much appreciated.
[Deleted]
I want to make my own EA and indicators. I looked at the templates and the sourcesof the EAs and indicators that other people have already created but I had absolutelyno idea what the heck they are. So, I really want to study it from basic and masterit. How can I study it? Do I need to study C...
[Deleted]
Working on a new EA with Neural possibilities to do with Statistical arbitrage,the correlation of different currency pairs and methods to exploit these. I have the outline, so if you wish to brainstorm, I would be interested if youhave done some work with it already. Giddyup
[Deleted]
Hello, I have written very basic EA that based on iOsMA for trade signals. First iOsMA uses Main set of external parameters. Now I have added one more iStDev that I want to use as a triger for use of alternative set of extern parameters for tha same iOsMA indicator It doesn work properly or...
In the code shown below I intend to display two indicators but only one indicatorgets displayed on the bar chart? what am I doing wrong ? Thanks, Joe Miller ---------------------------- #property indicator_chart_window #property indicator_buffers 2 #property indicator_color1 Yellow //jm added...
  MT4 Language  (1)
If there is an MT4 Language User's Guide which explains the syntax for all commandsand/or can I click on an item when in the editor to get an explanation of a particularcommand? Thanks, Joe Miller
What does this error message mean? Thanks, Al
Does MetaEditor have a debugging facility (tool) whereby I can, for instance, haltexecution at a designated statement to observe the state of the program atthat point?
I use SendMail() for when orders open and when close by EA code. This is a Buy openexample. I need advise as to using SendMail() when orders are closed by TakeProfitor Stoploss from the Broker's server. Do I need to use OrderSelect with MODE_HISTORY?Could have a code example. Thanks in advance...
They have given me an EA ex4 and not as making it run. Can someone indicate do itto me like? Thanks.
Hi Guys I'm Trying To Send HTTP-Post request with metatrader. i tried to write a dll for this action but it doesn't.. when i call the request(); function in dll, the Script/Indicator Will stop working... here is the source code // pasargad.cpp : Defines the initialization routines for the DLL. //...
Is there a GOTO statement in MetaEditor?
Is there an "alert by email" Forum function which sends notice when atopic has been answered?  
Is there a Forum option I can choose by which I will be informed by email when answershave been posted to my Topics? 
Hi, Anyone knows whether there is any reliable way to check the account type? E.g.Standard or Mini account. I know There is a IsDemo() check up function but there don't seem be any check up function for IsMiniAcct()for example.
Let's say I want to return the value of RSI into an array: extern double Lots = 1; double osfarray[10]; double rsivalue; double ind1; double ind2; double ind3; double ind4; double ind5; //+------------------------------------------------------------------+ //| expert initialization...
1. Is there a mid point function like open, high, low. close? 2. Please advise regarding the following: I am trying to learn how to write indicators. I have never written programs in Clanguage. I could not find a "midbar" or Midpoint" function foruse in an indicator. So I copied the MetaEditor...
Goal: when two SMA's cross, i then want to check and continue to check for Stochasticsto hit a level, then trade. my problem: can only get the code to look at the cross and the Stochastics at the time of thecross. it wont continue to check Stochastics after the cross occurs. so... if stochastics...
[Deleted]
Will MetaTrader 4 run on an Apple or Macintosh computer?
[Deleted]
Conceptually, this seems quite easy. But, I'm struggling with getting it into MQL4 code. The screen shot below demonstrates the required logic. 1. Bar marked with Red X represents condition A (for this example, I'm using volume=xxxxx, it could be anything) 2. For the next x bars (here I use 5 bars)
Hello, I share a Metatatrader Demo login and password with a third party for demonstration purpose. But how can I avoid spectators to modify orders placed by my EA or to place new orders manually without permission
There is a small improvement that could be done: Allow the user to multiple import the SAME function, by giving it different namesand syntaxes in MT, something like this: #import "somedll" void intfunc(int &a[]) name "GetMyResult"; void stringfunc(string s) name "GetMyResult"; \\ Also,...
[Deleted]
check previous bar<= 40 if cci > 100 set open buy of lot 1 $$ set order profit when close of previous bar - low of previous bar or If cci< -100 set order profit when close of previous bar - high of previous bar stop loss = open of new bar - previous bar
[Deleted]
I have an multi time frame strategy . I test it ( back test from 2000 and live test for one year.) I have 2 indicator in this strategy , but one of them used in 3 time frame . I want to write an expert for it , but I don't know mql program ! If every body can help for write this expert ,...
[Deleted]
Hi How do I attatch EA to live trading... My EA works fine on backtesting, but on live charts I am not able to attatch itto any chart, and I don't get the little smiley as mentioned i the manuals. As I understand the only thing that I have to do is enable the EA in the optionmenu. Another thing...
Hello MT4 Gurus,I have this idea for a simple indicator, that I think would be very useful for everyone. It would work like this: If the current price is 10 pips or less near the current day HIGH or LOW them it plots a RED bar in a separate chart window. And if not, then it plots a BLUE bar. The 10...
Open Source Forex Project An fx strategy developed by the community, for the community. Tired of all the FX Secrecy? Let’s develop an open source strategy together. Not asking to give away YOUR code,asking only to dedicate your time to code, test, optimize, and improve, something the community...
[Deleted]
Hello, I have seen similar behaviour in articles posted here, but not the same behaviour (please see attached picture). The ea produces one trade per bar, and the quality of the backtest results areabout 89% to 89.7%. I am using a demo account in CROWNFOREX, loaded with HISTORICALM1 data from...