Need explanation on working of Stoploss of an order in EA

Hello,

I'm testing my first simple EA. It opens an order with a stop loss some pips above the high. I would expect if in the next bar the stoploss level is exceeded it would close the order. Much like it closes the order when a takeprofit target is reached. But the stop loss does not work like I expected in the tester.

The code I use for opening is:

ticket=OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_SELL,Lots,Bid,3,Bid+ISL*Point,Bid-TakeProfit*Point,"WDOWF",16384,0,Red);

where ISL stands for Initial Stop Loss and is for instance 50.

Why is the stop loss not triggered?

Thanks,

PvO

There are no numbers on your chart. Who can tell?

PvO:

Hello,

I'm testing my first simple EA. It opens an order with a stop loss some pips above the high. I would expect if in the next bar the stoploss level is exceeded it would close the order. Much like it closes the order when a takeprofit target is reached. But the stop loss does not work like I expected in the tester.

The code I use for opening is:

ticket=OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_SELL,Lots,Bid,3,Bid+ISL*Point,Bid-TakeProfit*Point,"WDOWF",16384,0,Red);

where ISL stands for Initial Stop Loss and is for instance 50.

Why is the stop loss not triggered?

Thanks,

PvO

What does the journal say?

phy:
There are no numbers on your chart. Who can tell?

Hello Phy,

In this example you see two sell orders being opened. The fiist is closed the next 4 hour bar though this bar does not exceed the stoploss level.

The second order is not closed though several closings exceed the stoploss level, so I expected it to be closed.

If you need more information please ask.

Thanks,

Piet

Post your code for examination.

phy:
Post your code for examination.

Well, I've been messing it up. Maybe my code prohibited the execution of the stoploss. I think I will start all over again because it is such a mess now. If it happens again I will post again including code. Thanks for now.

Reason: