OrderTicket() question

Does anyone know how to clear/reset the order ticket number between orders? When I close one order, let's say a Buy Order with ticket #3426154, and open a Sell Order. The Sell Order attempts to open with the same ticket# 3426154, but does not open. The Buy Order closes with no errors, and the Sell Order appears to open with no errors, but does not. I've tried placing a Sleep (2000) between closing one order and opening the next. I've tried RefreshRates() before closing the first order and again before opening the second.

YB

This isnt usually a problem, best to post your code (or the relevant part)

Please use the SRC button to insert code samples

-BB-

Yellowbeard:
Does anyone know how to clear/reset the order ticket number between orders? When I close one order, let's say a Buy Order with ticket #3426154, and open a Sell Order. The Sell Order attempts to open with the same ticket# 3426154, but does not open. The Buy Order closes with no errors, and the Sell Order appears to open with no errors, but does not.

I'm a bit puzzled. The "ticket" is provided by the broker's server when an order is successfully opened - i.e. the return value from OrderSend(). The second order can't be "attempting to open" with a particular ticket number - the ticket number isn't known until/unless the order is successfully placed. Do you mean "magic number" rather than "ticket"? Or am I just confused - yet again?

As BB says, best to post your code.