trading volume during news reports... any suggestions?

so i tried to execute a few trades today (being the day of the infamous nfpr), and i found that on the demo account, the trades go through just fine, but with the live account, the trades didn't go through.

i have a few scripts binded to a set of keys. alt+1 and alt+2. like i said, demo worked, live didn't. i assume this is because of a high trade volume on the broker's server. im registered with fxdd (not the best choice i'm sure)

so my solution to this problem is as follows:

generate an ea that will send the trade command over and over until it works...

or both!

so if anyone can help me out with this, i'd appreciate the feedback. thx guys, happy trading

-dan

IMHO, try to jump the NFPs has got harder and harder over the last two years

Its as much the brokers not getting a price from the banks that supply them that is more than half the problem

STP/ECN brokers arent necessarily going to be any better..

Sending a trade over & over wont get you on at the price the EA first pitched at - you may get on - 90 pips away from where you thought, if you keep trying!

Keep in mind you have to get on as well as off at the right time - and at NFP time, even pending orders may not be honoured - or even Stop Losses :(

Demo will always work cos its a separate datafeed, not real and not even a copy of real

FWIW

-BB-

BarrowBoy:

IMHO, try to jump the NFPs has got harder and harder over the last two years

Its as much the brokers not getting a price from the banks that supply them that is more than half the problem

STP/ECN brokers arent necessarily going to be any better..

Sending a trade over & over wont get you on at the price the EA first pitched at - you may get on - 90 pips away from where you thought, if you keep trying!

Keep in mind you have to get on as well as off at the right time - and at NFP time, even pending orders may not be honoured - or even Stop Losses :(

Demo will always work cos its a separate datafeed, not real and not even a copy of real

FWIW

-BB-

well, i've tested the authenticity of the demo's datafeed, and it pans out.

but is there really no way around this problem?

another idea i toyed with, which is kinda far-fetched, but maybe i could aquire a license and rent a booth or station at the nyse and place my trades directly from the floor. granted, i know nothing of how to do something like this, but still, it's something of interest.

keep the feedback coming please, i need something i can work with

thx again,

-dan