No friday trade

I want to stop my EAs from placing trades on Friday. I can do this easily in the EAs I developed. But not sure how to accomplish this in commercial EAs.

If:

my calendar, watch, radio or wife indicate that this is Thursday

Then:

wait up until midnight

disable expert advisors on any charts where I've deployed commercial EAs

go to bed

re-enable sometime on Saturday or Sunday

Just an option :-)

CB

what if calendar, watch,radio or wife is not there? :)

I was looking for something in an EA? is it possible. Not everyone for sure, does not have access/time/availbility to disable the EAs manually just before the Friday chart starts.

Sorry - just had a busy day.

You could use the "at" command (Windows scheduling facility - equivalent of cron in Unix) to schedule startup and shutdown of the MT4 platform instances to which the commercial EAs are attached.

CB

PS: For those of you about to suggest decompilers - DON'T.

cloudbreaker wrote >>

Sorry - just had a busy day.

You could use the "at" command (Windows scheduling facility - equivalent of cron in Unix) to schedule startup and shutdown of the MT4 platform instances to which the commercial EAs are attached.

CB

PS: For those of you about to suggest decompilers - DON'T.

Thanks cloudbreaker for the suggestion. I will look into it.

Now I want to keep the MT4 up and running because there may be positions already opened. I just dont want any commercial EA to open a new position on Friday. any other ideas?

Tom23824 wrote >>

any other ideas?

cheap and effective device, also available with weekday switchs :-)

added:

just another idea, i think out there are such things like macrorecorders for mousemovement and clicks

try to find a version that works and record the click on the "disable ea button"

autohotkey may work also

or code an simple ea with shellexecute from win32user lib and run "shutdown -s" at your desired time

If you close the client platform with the commercial EA, your trades will remain open as they are persisted on the server, but your EA can't trade. You can use another instance of the platform connected to the same account (with no EA attached) to monitor the trades.

CB

Reason: