Equal lots in hedging instruments - page 5

Mischek >>:

А то получается что при покупке евры мы потратили евры

What are we spending?

When buying Eurobucks we spend Euros because we are buying them

when we sell Eurobucks we also spend Euros... as we are trying it out

The currency in the pledge is always the one in the numerator, the profit is always the one in the denominator.

In short.... we have 2 positions one is USDCHF and another one is EURGBP. On the first position we have -100p. on the other position +100p. what is the total profit or loss on both positions in monetary terms?

Mischek >>:

Тоесть что на покупку (обмен) евры за баксы, что на продажу фунта (обмен) за баксы, мы в обоих случаях имеем равное количество баксов

При покупке евры мы потратили ровно столько же баксов сколько купили при продаже фунта (типа хедж)

Согласны ?

I'll finish this so I don't have to go back.

Further, if everything is clear on this

But in the example of the starter, it's not the pound, it's the franc.

"Reverse quote"

If we simply "hedge" by 1 lot in EURUSD and buy USDCHF also by 1 lot, we will not get the same amount of quid on opposite operations

because when buying 100 000 euros we have spent 143 807 quid

and by buy 1 lot of USDCHF we will buy exactly 100 000 quid for francs

and we have to buy 143 807 to get a hedge, this is about 1.44 lots, round up by yourself according to your DT and account type

Mischek >>:

Допишу чтобы не возвращаться

Далее, если с этим все ясно

Но у топикстартера в примере не фунт а франк

"обратная котировка"

и если мы просто "хеджируя" бай 1 лот по EURUSD нажмем бай USDCHF тоже один лот, мы не получим равное количество баксо по встречным операциям

т.к. при покупке 100 000 евро мы потратили 143 807 баксов

а нажав бай 1 лот USDCHF мы купим за франки 100 000 баксов ровно

а нам надо купить 143 807 чтобы получить типа "хедж" это около 1.44 лота, округляйте сами в соответствии с дц и типом счета

Wuhhhhhh... Geez I'm totally confused.... but still!!!

OK. we have 2 positions

1 lot EURUSD profit 100p.

1.44 lots USDCHF a loss of 100 pips.

Mikhail... Do you think the account will total zero? no mikhail!!! the total will be minus, because the francobucks will be much bigger minus than the eurobucks plus!!! 1.44 lots is not the right answer!!!

Experiment on a demo account...

RomanS >>:

В залоге всегда та валюта которая в числителе, прибыль получаем с той что в знаменателе..

B/C = k

Sale B-(K1)->C C-(K2)->B profit in B

Buy C-(K1)->B B-(K2)->C profit in C

:) isn't it?

We'll wait for the third one.)

And shoulders, bails and mt4 have nothing to do with it.

xoxol >>:
Азарабатываем когда?

Here we go

Mischek >>:

Бум ждать третьего )

И плечи,залоги и вообще мт4 тут не при чём

Let's wait :)

Math should be pulled up....

But in general.... Now I opened 1 lot of Eurobucks and 1, 44 lots of Baxfrank on the demo and calmed down... i'm right :)

EUR USD goes in the plus USDCHF at the same time goes in the minus The market has turned the other way around Earnings when?

xoxol >>:
EUR USD идет в плюс USDCHF в это время идет в минус Рынок развернулся все наоборот Азарабатываем когда?

When the EURCHF will rise

Reason: