MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1333

[Deleted]
Hello people in the MQL4 Forum: This is the first time I post any comment on the forum. You see, I have been trading for a while, of course manually up to this moment, but in the last weeks I have come up with strategy, that is really working out for me, since I have various arguments that support
If you want to follow the flow of your code or are having troubles with an EA, script etc and trying to track it down and find out where and what it is you can use an 'Alert' statement to display it in an Alert message box.
[Deleted]
So here's the deal. Today is 2-19-10. If I start the backtest from 1-1-10 to today, it trades well, no major losses, looks good. But then if I trade from 12-1-09 (or any date earlier than mid december) to today, it gives this huge loss on 1-10-10. I didn't change anything else except the dates it's...
[Deleted]
Hi, I wrote a simple script that is supposed to calculate a distance (in pips) between moving average and current price. int start() { Alert("++++++++++++++++++"); Alert("Digits: ", Digits); Alert("Bid: "+(Bid)); Alert("MA: ",+(iMA(NULL, 0, 3, 1, MODE_LWMA, PRICE_CLOSE, 0))); if (Bid > iMA(NULL, 0
[Deleted]
  Bars in period  (2)
Hi, i´m new in this world, sorry if the question is dumb... I´m writting a script. I´m try to fetch prices from period in a Mysql DB. When i execute my script in grahpic only fetch bars in graphic... What i do for return results since May 2007 to September 2007 in a 15 min period? Only i can do...
I work with MetaTrader 4 in Windows 7. The program DannRestart is located in the window EURUSD with M1. In certain cases I let start from my program from the MetaTrader again. With Windows XP everything ran error free. But with Windows 7 this error message comes: DannRestart: absolute file path...
[Deleted]
More than n(61?) number of characters and a label is truncated. Anybody have the definition for the limit??? Anyway to call FontMetrics call to start another label where the truncated one finished? Documentation that defined function parameter limits would be useful. Where do I find that? Thanks
Hi, I want to change the TakeProfit of an existing order. But I am getting always the "OrderModify error 1" Here is a part of my code:    for(int i=0;i<=OrdersTotal();i++)     {      if(OrderSelect(i,SELECT_BY_POS,MODE_TRADES)==false) break;      if(OrderSymbol()...
[Deleted]
WHO CAN HELP ? I NEED A PROGRAMMER IS THERE ANYONE? FOR THE STEP MA v7 WITH 5 INDICATORS, I WILL PAY!!!! JUST FOR THIS SIMPLE INDICATOR....THANK YOU.....BEST REGARDS.......CONTACT:fukojuma@gmail.com
[Deleted]
I'm working on a trade management EA and it works fine on tester. However, when I put it on a demo account and place it on more than one chart, the various charts try to close each other resulting in pricing errors--these are the errors: 2009.07.09 09:38:02 3A Mgr v1.2 USDCHF,M30: TP Close of GBPUSD...
[Deleted]
Hi I m just sitting in front of my trading PC, My EA just detected a Buy signal and try to open a Long Position... Funny thing is it keeps on reporting IsConnected()= false error but the MT4 platform actually is connecting to my broker. My EA kept on retry to open trade with delay and refresh rate()...
[Deleted]
  Linking Charts  (2)
Is there a way to link charts within MT? so that if I drag a currency into one chart... the other 3 linked charts will change as well?
[Deleted]
I would like to ask you some question if I may. I'm now optimizing and backtesting some nice strategy. Already created a set file, and strated to optimize it from November 2009 to January 2010. When optimization was complete I took the best result (highest Profit) and set these settings as input...
Hello all! this is my first post in this forum : ) I need a simple alarm script for metatrader4 that accept two parameters (period and pips) and alert me with a sound when the number of pips I've set is reached in the period specified (in minutes) I've searched on google for all day but I've found
[Deleted]
Has anyone seen this type of indicator posted? I have changed the the MovingBuffer[i]=iMA(NULL,15,BandsPeriod,BandsShift,MODE_SMA,PRICE_CLOSE,i); to be based off the 15 min chart and the MA is fine, but I can't seem to get the indicator to work for the seperate time frame overall. I can get...
not have much experience in analyzing graphs, please let me indicate that EA has an excellent profit. thanks
The implementation will be quite simple, in a couple of dozen lines! I'm sure it won't take much time for experienced MQL programmers, I'm not, unfortunately. The basis of the idea is the Renko chart, the question is not of creating it, assume that it already exists and we will put the EA on it
hello I want to write an EA for the indicator i attached and I've already tried it(second attachment). I just don't know why the EA doesn't go in the loop where the OrderSend-function is, but why it does in the indicator. Is there anybody who can help me? Thank you... Maier
[Deleted]
Pls i need help on how to open Mq4 files that i downloaded from Code Base section. I already searched and dint see any clue. Also will appreciate if i can get where to see simple codes(not asking for ur money making script. And if u are willing to give that i will be ready to receive :) ) that i...
Would anyone be able to tell me if it is possible to code the display of any Object such that its 'handles' are on display, (i.e. it can be moved without double clicking? It can be a problem trying to do this if there are other objects in the vicinity or if you cannot find the correct spot. I would...
TS based on the remake levels and Fibo MACD .... The idea is this: minimum time frame 4h. Bot must itself vytstroitsy fibo levels (though from fibo was only the idea, and the levels are quite different).Buy order should be made when the price is touching this level and the MAKD detected a divergence
Infos zu MetaTrader in Deutsch findet man auf folgenden Seiten www.meta-trader.de www.forex-innovation.com und auf Englisch www.meta-trader.co.uk www.metatrader-robots.com http://www.metatrader-forexsystems.com/
[Deleted]
Hello . It may be so easy . But I would like to ask a question . I would like to draw a chart data quoted on MT4 on an another chart of the same MT4 like drawing an indicater . Each of the price is quoted on the same MT4 and similar because they are the price of a stock index and Index Futures...
[Deleted]
  MT4 ---> MySQL ?  (2)
Dear all Guru, I would like to analyze historical MT4 data (that we download from provider, example alpari) using some statistic toll (SPSS, MS Excel, etc) that I read from MySQL (or any database system). I wonder if you have any experience to transfer data from MT4 historical data to MySQL...
[Deleted]
I using hotkey to excuted order, but there are times when the order didn't excuted at all despite pressing the hotkey. I have to when back to check back the expert tab to see any error or if i didn't press the key properly. Hence I thinking of getting a sound played when the order excuted. I tried
That's it I am dumb.¨ I still can figure out how to write in MQL5 if High[1]>Low[1] Ok there is a "porting table", but I want to write that in MQL5 language without using some retrocompatilibty workaround. Read a bit on the subject, unfortunately still cant figure out how to write this simple piece...
Can someone please post a snippet of code for detecting a new bar in MQL 5. I kinda remember how to do it in MQL4 but I was hoping that it would be different/easier in MQL 5. I was hoping that they would FINALLY make this an event procedure, but that doesn't seem to be the case. TIA!
Someome has the code or file to this indicators? Thanks Marcio Santos
  Bollinger Band Breakout  (28   1 2 3)
Here is a technique I have been working on. The technique is based on the Bollinger Bandwidth Indicator. When this indicator crosses a set threshold I enter the trade. The rules are on the attached chart. The bandwidth threshold will be different for every currency pair and time frame. You want to...
  Help a newbie  (5)
what language is MQl4 programed in? is is C++? I want to lean how to program in it and i'm looking for books on it.