MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1327

[Deleted]
  the MQL4 book  (4)
dear traders, I am having troubles with the book on here. I have started reading through it, but know for a fact that I will not remember everything, theres so much to remember. is there another way that I can go about learning MQL4? I need to be able to relate what I am learning to something I know...
Hi If i have one account with deposit of 100$ and open one order with StopLoss of 25pip in EURUSD how i can calculate lotsize on the base of 2% from total deposit ? thanks
New article MQL5 for Newbies: Guide to Using Technical Indicators in Expert Advisors is published: In order to obtain values of a built-in or custom indicator in an Expert Advisor, first its handle should be created using the corresponding function. Examples in the article show how to use this or...
New article Event handling in MQL5: Changing MA period on-the-fly is published at mql5.com: Suppose that simple MA (Moving Average) indicator with period 13 is applied to a chart. And we want to change the period to 20, but we do not want to go to indicator properties dialog box and edit the number...
How can I find out what the longest bar has been over a specified time range & /or number of bars ?
[Deleted]
Hi All. I am trying to use an Indicator in an EA, but the indicator is not showing on the Data Window, hence not exposing any value to the EA. I checked the indicator code but could not see what is missing kindly assist. Here is the code: #property indicator_separate_window #property...
Hello: I would like to ask for some help with a problem I have; I really can't figure out what is wrong with this code. I declare some variables, make a division with them and then, depending on the result, I want to perform some actions. When I run the code I can see by the Print() statement that...
[Deleted]
The way the backend server works at my broker, after a pending order is filled, a new ticket is assigned to the filled order and the old one is deleted. Because they are an ECN, orders may even get split and from a single pending order I may get more than one filled order. I am using the following...
What is wrong with the following code? I'm not getting any values back. #property copyright "Copyright © 2010, Nondisclosure007"#property link      "http://no.link.yet"#property indicator_chart_window#property indicator_buffers 2double floor[];double ceiling[];int init()  {   IndicatorBuffers(2);...
Hello guys, I've made a printer ea to show the value of data of my indicator to see if they've got the correct number, however, it doesn't work at all(The top right corner of the chart screen there is a cross next to this printer EA's name). I don't know what's the problem.......... Can anyone help...
[Deleted]
dear traders, I was wondering if any of you have done this: rolls paid 1700 est, at 1659 opening a positive roll position, then being paid the rolls at 1700 est, and then closing position immediatly when paid the rolls. do you think this would be a profitable stratergy? how...
[Deleted]
  MACD colors  (2)
I want to MACD having four different colors: one is above histogram zero price increase, one is above zero price decrease, the other two are both below histogram zero but one is price increase and one is price decrease. Anyone can help? Thank you very much
[Deleted]
Hi Is there any user of Elwave sofware with MT4 ? What's your experience ? Thanks http://www.prognosis.nl/elwave/features/elwave92release.html This release of ELWAVE 9.1 contains the following new features and enhancements: Support for MetaTrader 4 (requires UDS ServerFeed) It is now possible to...
[Deleted]
Attached is an indicator I developed with the help of the many ideas on this site. It identifies decent buy and sell setups. They are shown by arrows and the comment line on the chart into which it is loaded. You should save the file into your /experts/indicators/ folder. When I trade manually
Hi folks, I wonder if someone can explain something for me please? The correct calculation for RSI is - RSI = 100-(100/(1+U/D)), where U is the average number of positive price changes; and D is the average number of negative price changes. But, on my MB Trading MT4 platform, the RSI(14) values I...
[Deleted]
Folks 1) I am an EA developer and FX trader 2) I want keep every opened orderscreen shot for review (Trainng) 3) I use the following code to check the file which is existing, but something wrong, becuase the file will be open then some error. ticket=OrderTicket(); filename = ticket...
can any one help me add alert signal on this indicator please
[Deleted]
Hi, I am a mql4 newbie. I would like to understand the Heiken Ashi code. More precisely, I would like to understand how the DRAW HISTOGRAM works and how can we build a candle stick. The code is the following : #property copyright "Copyright ゥ 2004, MetaQuotes Software Corp." #property link...
[Deleted]
Hello all, Sony has a new cellphone with Windows Mobile 6.1 which has 800 x 600 resolution and is sold for a low price here where I live. I would only be buying this in order to run MT4, so I would like to know if it has been tested by anyone.. has it? Alternatively, the HTC Touch HD looks nice too...
I have created a ExpertAdvisor to trade all currency. I have attached to nearly 10 charts. I would like my EA to trade all currency at a same time, simultaneously. But my EA open only one currency at one time. For other currency it shows error "06:21:57 SuperTrader1 USDJPY,H1: Error opening BUY...
[Deleted]
Hi all! I've created a dll in C with a function that returns an array. How can I call this function from MQL4? Here is a brief excerpt: dll: MT4_EXPFUNC double* __stdcall GetRegression(const double* y, int size, double tolerance) { double* result = new double[size]; ... return result; }...
[Deleted]
I've tried asking on other forums but I decided to take this problem to the best. I have downloaded two order scripts (one for buying and one for selling) There's a Money Management feature that changes your lot size depending on how much you wish to risk and it's expressed in percentage form. Buy
Hi guys, I've made a breakout indicator, recorded the highest and lowest valuea, let's say x and y, of the box, is it possible to use a EA to obtain those values? could anyone please show me the script? Thanks very much lmyyyks
Is there a way to hide the indicator name of a custom indicator appearing on the indicator window?
[Deleted]
I am new to MQL. Please help. Just trying to draw 5 horizontal rectangles stuck to left side of the chart windoiw. However everytime I get an error saying Object already exists (Err 4200). Can you please send me a sample source code that works or point me to somewhere where I can find working code?...
[Deleted]
dear traders, does any of you know which type of charts are provided by metaquotes?? Im thinking that with the different type of brokers out there eg. enc, dealing desk, no dealing desk, stp ect those different types of brokers might show different price action compared with each...
[Deleted]
Hi I would like to draw Horizontal line on M5 based on H4 Open High Low Close of the last bar. Which mean is . Once the H4 bar formed I want to draw a 4 lines on 5m chart ( Open / High / Low / Close ) Problem is I know how to draw a line but i don't know how to get H4 last bar Information in the...
hello, i am currently developing a entry strategy based on bollingerbands. for trend direction i use the BB-main line as signal line and a iMaOnArray(14) of the BB-main. for better explanation here is a pic: Blue line is the BB-band 31 Red line is iMaOnArray(14) of BB-band31 as you can see in the...
Hello, Does anyone know of a way to draw the same graphical objects that are displayed in the strategy tester chart window i.e. the buy and sell circular flag symbols and the dotted line that connects them, in the live trading chart window? Is there code available to do this? Thanks. Wilbur.
I don't understand how this template example(Osc_test) controls howmany orders to opens and where close order functions( formula) shouldbe placed ?! https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/1514 Can you explain please?! 1. I want to open one market order at beginning of a bar, if there is asignal( BUY or...