Forex Hoster - page 3

Oh, by log off, i meant, you just closed the remote connection window..

jirimac:
Oh, by log off, i meant, you just closed the remote connection window..

Be careful you may have a console vs administrator problem....the EA is runnuing you just can't see it .....

re. the lower cost servers....STAY AWAY from Commercial Network Services.... They're a BIG RIP OFF

Server goes down frequently....

oh Okay,

Just got the mystry solved. I was logging off my server rather closing the remote desktop window. Closing the remote desktop window keeps the MT running.

Thank you all.

ckmoied

Nice.. Good luck with your trading :)

n8937g wrote >>

Be careful you may have a console vs administrator problem....the EA is runnuing you just can't see it .....

re. the lower cost servers....STAY AWAY from Commercial Network Services.... They're a BIG RIP OFF

Server goes down frequently....

hi n8937g, i would want to hear yr comments as i m seriously considering CNS. Wat u mean by they are rip off? how often their servers r down, since they say they r 99.95% uptime? do u have personal experience with them? pls advise

dlhc:

hi n8937g, i would want to hear yr comments as i m seriously considering CNS. [...]

I don't have any particular love for CNS, but we do have some servers with them. Our servers have been - touch wood - absolutely problem-free since CNS moved from Virtuozzo to Hyper-V at the end of October last year. Before that they were no better or worse than any other commodity hosting service which I've used.

It's another of those areas where your expectations need to be realistic. For example, we've also got some servers in a high-calibre datacentre used by several financial services firms, including some MT4 brokers. This had a partial power outage last week - the fault of the datacentre, not of an individual firm like CNS. Luckily we weren't affected but, if we had been, we'd now be struggling to see 99.9% uptime for the calendar year 2010. It's very hard to achieve "even" 99.9%. It's much easier to promise 99.95% and then refund customers a corresponding amount - i.e. less than 1% of their monthly fee...

Reason: