Live trading - what solution best?

Hi Folks,

I am wondering if those of you who run live EAs could share some good advice on what IT infrastructure you run:

1. Are you running your EAs on your own physical machines located at your premises and connected to inetrnet

or

2. Are you runnig your EAs and Terminal on Virtual Servers? If yes, any useful insights in that respect? (costs, reliability...etc?)

or

3. Are you running your EAs and Terminal on Dedicated Servers? Any insights?

or

4. Any other solutions that you use / would recommend?

This question is for real live accounts rather then testing / demos.

Thanks in advance for any useful thoughts!

> Are you running your EAs and Terminal on Virtual Servers

VPS are great, no problems with Windows Server 2003 or 2008
IIRC, some people use Linux plus a Windows emulator to get cheaper hosting but you'll have to ask them what the downsides are..

Typical uptimes will beat your home/office solutions..

As to cost, you must balance this against the cost of a missed trade, a missed move of a trailing stop, a missed take profit (if you use stealth stops in the original order), etc, etc

The more EA's/accounts you have the better the deal becomes :)

You can get a lot of MT copies running in 512MB, just use minimum charts open, no indicators and keep the 'chatty' EA's in their own copy of MT...

My EA's are split across several data centers, some are on open/modify/close duties, others are just for modify/close

FWIW

-BB-

BarrowBoy wrote >>

> Are you running your EAs and Terminal on Virtual Servers

VPS are great, no problems with Windows Server 2003 or 2008
IIRC, some people use Linux plus a Windows emulator to get cheaper hosting but you'll have to ask them what the downsides are..

Typical uptimes will beat your home/office solutions..

As to cost, you must balance this against the cost of a missed trade, a missed move of a trailing stop, a missed take profit (if you use stealth stops in the original order), etc, etc

The more EA's/accounts you have the better the deal becomes :)

You can get a lot of MT copies running in 512MB, just use minimum charts open, no indicators and keep the 'chatty' EA's in their own copy of MT...

My EA's are split across several data centers, some are on open/modify/close duties, others are just for modify/close

FWIW

-BB-

hi barrowb, may i know which vps companies tat u are currently using & wats yr experience with them in terms of performance of vps & support services?pls advise

D
I have tried a few but these guys are simply the best https://www.mql5.com/go?link=https://www.tagadab.com// for VPS
-BB-

1. Are you running your EAs on your own physical machines located at your premises and connected to inetrnet

This

Reason: