Trend Direction

Hi, 1st of, this forum is 1st class, I have learned so much, as well as d/load a few filters, for this I thank all of you.

I hope someone can help me out here ?

I use 15min chart and 1 hour chart, I have sort of use the Multi Time Frame strategy, (Overbought / Oversold) finding the price momentum on higher time frame charts, and trading with the trend in the 15 min chart.

However, and this might sound daft, I sometime find it difficult to establish trend, for instance it might be up on the month, down on the week, up in the daily chart.

Knowing my strategy, which higher time frame should I give more credence to, for instance would I really need to know the price direction on the month, or week, daily, when I am trading using the 1hour and 15 min chart.

I think I am getting myself mixed up here, I understand when all the time frames are in one direction GREAT, but when there not perhaps Ranging/Consolidating,

Guess what I am asking is would the Daily chart (price direction)have a significant influence on the hourly chart/15 min chart.

I have a feeling I am trying to take so much in, I am analysing the monthly to take a trade in the 15 mins

I enter using the 15 min chart, then switch to the hourly chart to watch my trade.

Thanks Again

Kind Regards

Gary

bottom line What is the question (or is it just a confession)

qjol:

bottom line What is question (or is it just a confession)

Sorry :) qjol, lost it a bit there.

What time frame should I use to establish the direction of price, using my stratagy ?

in my opinion 4H 1H & 15M but don't ignore the daily completely, the weekly & monthly is unnecessary (in my opinion)

qjol:

in my opinion 4H 1H & 15M but don't ignore the daily completely, the weekly & monthly is unnecessary (in my opinion)

Thanx qjol, I had a feeling I was over doing it a little
Reason: