computer upgrade for better speed of testing

can someone answer me below 2 question :
1) amd cpu or intel cpu run faster in MT4 ?
2) amd cpu or intel cpu run faster in MT5 ?
i will fabricate a computer for testing EA?
Do MT4 variable - double
use Single precision or double precison?
thanks

• Single precision, called "float" in the C language family, and "real" or "real*4" in Fortran. This is a binary format that occupies 32 bits (4 bytes) and its significand has a precision of 24 bits (about 7 decimal digits).
  • Double precision, called "double" in the C language family, and "double precision" or "real*8" in Fortran. This is a binary format that occupies 64 bits (8 bytes) and its significand has a precision of 53 bits (about 16 decimal digits).

The other basic formats are quadruple precision (128-bit) binary, as well as decimal floating point (64-bit) and "double" (128-bit) decimal floating point.

some people say for Double precision calculation: amd cpu is better than Intel

anyone can help?

K

This has come up a few times before..

Rather than worry about the PC spec to the n-th degree (and cost),

you are better to review your code for unneccessary executions, scale out indicator code to actual separate indicators, etc

Just make sure you dont run out of RAM and have resonable MHz on the CPU, L2 cache never hurts either!

FWIW

-BB-

BarrowBoy:

you are better to review your code for unneccessary executions, scale out indicator code to actual separate indicators, etc [...]

All very true. The one thing I'd add is that there is, unfortunately, an inverse correlation between data quality and backtesting speed. The better the data, the more ticks that tend to get simulated in the MT4 strategy tester. And the number of simulated ticks is perhaps the single biggest determinant of backtesting speed.

Just a thought. MT4 runs significantly quicker under Linux. Probably as fast as a top spec machine using a cheaper machine.

Do MT4 strategy tester supply Linux?

kelly:
Do MT4 strategy tester supply Linux?
Not natively. Search the forum, there's lots of info on the subject.
Reason: