New Versions of MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal Build 387 and MetaTrader 4 Data Center build 387

MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal Build 387

1. Terminal: Fixed the work of the client terminal through a proxy server.
  2. Terminal: Fixed calculation of the counter of quotes when calculating custom indicators.
  3. Terminal: Fixed the display of profit in the profit currency of the financial instrument.
  4. Terminal: Fixed the calculation of credit when generating a trade report.
  5. Terminal: In Navigator, added "NNN more scripts" commands.
  6. Terminal: For custom indicators, added initialization of buffers during the repeated reading of the historical data.
  7. Tester: Added deinitialization of custom indicators used by the tested Expert Advisor.
  8. MetaEditor: Fixed the work with MQL4.com through a proxy server.
  9. Fixed errors reported on the forum and in crash logs.

The MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal can be downloaded at https://download.mql5.com/cdn/web/metaquotes.software.corp/mt4/mt4setup.exe

Attention! If you are using your own data centers, it is strongly recommended to update them to the new build 387.

MetaTrader 4 DataCenter Build 387

1. Fixed passing of ticks to client terminals in a quick price stream.
  2. All the server components are built using the instruction set SSE2 (Pentium 4 and above), which gives a significant increase in performance.
  3. Removed support for the proxy, as it slows down operation, which is unacceptable for a data center.
  4. Expanded the number of showed IP addresses available to install the data center.
  5. Fixed errors reported on the forum and in crash logs.

The live update is available through the LiveUpdate system.

nice :)

the most I would like to check is:

Terminal: Fixed the work of the client terminal through a proxy server.

this was a pain for some of our clients that were using EA to connect to a website - and because of proxy they had issues

Before i am updating, anybody knows if compiler protection is still in use since it 229 won't work with wine?

zzuegg:
Before i am updating, anybody knows if compiler protection is still in use since it 229 won't work with wine?

save a copy from the old version

I think build 387 has a major bug or something is not right. I have experienced the MT4 platform shutting down by itself. I run on i5 machine with 4GB. I have never had this problem with build 229. After a little investigating, I found that every time I ran a backtest the used physical memory would increase about 4% using build 387. After running several backtests, about 10, the physical memory usage would get up to around 75% and the platform would close. With build 226 ( I can not find build 229) the physical memory usage stays constant around 35% doing the same backtests with the same EA. I run Win7/64 and MT4 is loaded on my D drive.

piptease:

I think build 387 has a major bug or something is not right. I have experienced the MT4 platform shutting down by itself. I run on i5 machine with 4GB. I have never had this problem with build 229. After a little investigating, I found that every time I ran a backtest the used physical memory would increase about 4% using build 387. After running several backtests, about 10, the physical memory usage would get up to around 75% and the platform would close. With build 226 ( I can not find build 229) the physical memory usage stays constant around 35% doing the same backtests with the same EA. I run Win7/64 and MT4 is loaded on my D drive.

Tester was not changed. More details please. We cannot reproduce this problem

stringo:

I did clean installs of build 226 and upgraded those installs to build 387 on two different computers running Win7/64. I could not reproduce the problem either. My earlier post must have had a corupted installation. Sorry for the false alarm.

I have a patch for running tick data with build 229 that does not work with build 387. Is there away for me to download build 229?

stringo:

I am experiencing something remotely similar with build 388 @ WinXP at the moment.

I'm running some quick tests of an EA on different symbols, these take ~10 sec per pass. :) All symbols do well; however, when I try USDJPY, CPU utilization instantly jumps to 99% and stays there; no results are produced, and I can see pagefile size growing at a rate of approximately 1 MB/sec. If I stop it before it crashes the system and try another symbol, everything is OK again.

The EA in question does use iCustom; however, the indicator itself does work OK on all timeframes of USDJPY (as it does elsewhere).

No error messages are to be seen anywhere.

Additional details:

* the box is an old Pentium 4 w/ 512 MB of RAM

* almost clean WinXP Professional (all there is: MT4, WinRAR and Chrome :), on a secondary partittion though. It might be somewhat short of disk space - ~500 MB left.

B"H

Should build 388 be compatible with EAs compiled with build 229?

Thanks,

Simha

I update with the new build 388 and when i click buy, it automatically close the mt4 platform!!!!Tried to restart it many times and it still the same. This is the bug

In the end, I've had to use multiterminal to execute the trade.

Rosh:

1. Terminal: Fixed the work of the client terminal through a proxy server.
  2. Terminal: Fixed calculation of the counter of quotes when calculating custom indicators.
  3. Terminal: Fixed the display of profit in the profit currency of the financial instrument.
  4. Terminal: Fixed the calculation of credit when generating a trade report.
  5. Terminal: In Navigator, added "NNN more scripts" commands.
  6. Terminal: For custom indicators, added initialization of buffers during the repeated reading of the historical data.
  7. Tester: Added deinitialization of custom indicators used by the tested Expert Advisor.
  8. MetaEditor: Fixed the work with MQL4.com through a proxy server.
  9. Fixed errors reported on the forum and in crash logs.

The MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal can be downloaded at http://files.metatrader4.com/mt4setup.exe

Attention! If you are using your own data centers, it is strongly recommended to update them to the new build 387.

MetaTrader 4 DataCenter Build 387

1. Fixed passing of ticks to client terminals in a quick price stream.
  2. All the server components are built using the instruction set SSE2 (Pentium 4 and above), which gives a significant increase in performance.
  3. Removed support for the proxy, as it slows down operation, which is unacceptable for a data center.
  4. Expanded the number of showed IP addresses available to install the data center.
  5. Fixed errors reported on the forum and in crash logs.
MetaTrader 4 DataCenter can be downloaded at http://files.metatrader4.com/mtdcsetup.exe

The live update is available through the LiveUpdate system.

Hi

Regarding point 6 on the Terminal list, I wonder if it might be causing the behaviour I'm seeing. I have an indicator that is written to work with range bar charts. The rb charts are created as offline charts by an EA, which runs in the background to keep them up to date (every tick). The indicator creates moving averages of the range bars (into the indicator buffers) but only refreshes the buffers when a new range bar is formed. Under build 229, the values in the indicator buffers were left intact between cycles and the indicator process as described worked ok. Under build 388, the indicator buffers are cleared on what seems to be alternat cycles (IndicatorCounted() alternates between 0 and Bars-1) and, as the indicator only refreshes the buffers when a new bar is formed, leads to empty values in the indicator buffers for the majority of the time. Trying to refresh the full buffers each cycle leads to a flickering effect, probably because of the amount of processing taking place between each refresh. I have worked around this by refreshing the buffers when 1) a new bar is formed and 2) the buffers are empty. I would like to know, however, is there a way I can switch off the automatic initialization of the indicator buffers?

Thanks, Greg

Reason: