#define vs global - page 2

WHRoeder:
  1. The purpose of coding standards is to make things clearer. They are not gospel. All are broken at will if the coder thinks it makes things clearer.
  2. #63: I come form the glass teletype era where I only had 24 lines available, so my choice is the right column, (more on the same line not exceeding 80 characters wide.)

3. Also conventions change with available tools. I use Notepad-2 with code folding. So the last example above, folded and partially unfolded would look like:
    Again I prefer the right column.

4. Are the conventions for MT4 specifically different than for C?
    There are NO real conventions for MT4 except for the 3 space indenting (which I don't use.)

I read some where that the developers of MetaTrader selected 3 space indenting just to be unconventional because C uses either 2 or 4. That confuses me because when I start a script the template that starts me off indents the braces 2 spaces. I do see a lot of code that indents the braces 2 spaces and the inside of the braces 1 space. That would drive crazy having to remember to use the space bar to indent instead of the tab. When I'm adding a comment here in the forum I keep tabbing and having to shift tab to get back where I was to space instead.
Reason: