History Data Woes - page 3

LordoftheMoney:
I don't know how the exported file looks like in excel, but after opening it with openoffice calc, i see that, every second line is empty. That's why you cannot import this file directly into MT4, and that's why you need to open it with notepad, and change extension and coding like i wrote. This is the simplest way i found, but there are surely some others. Open the .csv file with notepad, find the first candle (line) in the file which is from the timeframe you need, and delete every other one before it. Go to File menu / Save as, change the file extension to .txt, change coding to ANSI, and press save. This txt file is ready to import into MT4. This method works in my computer perfektly, i think it should do the same on your one too.

The csv is REALLY huge. its 500MB. Its scares anyone to open it in NotePad, as you suggested.

Thats the reason I use excel, because excel has 65K limit. And won't load the rest beyond that.

Seriously, open in Notepad, lord?

diostar:

The csv is REALLY huge. its 500MB. Its scares anyone to open it in NotePad, as you suggested.

Thats the reason I use excel, because excel has 65K limit. And won't load the rest beyond that.

Seriously, open in Notepad, lord?

Yes, of course. Notepad can open and handle this file size slowly, but it can.

LordoftheMoney:
Yes, of course. Notepad can open and handle this file size slowly, but it can.
I have deleted those daily candles. Still cannot. Is it because of the last column of zeros in the csv?

diostar:
I have deleted those daily candles. Still cannot. Is it because of the last column of zeros in the csv?

I don't think so, because it was never problem for me. The only one thing i can think is that, you opened the file in excel, and it changed something in the coding. Try to save it again in MT5, and open it with notepad only.

Anyway, is there anyone who could apply this method succesfully?

LordoftheMoney:

I don't think so, because it was never problem for me. The only one thing i can think is that, you opened the file in excel, and it changed something in the coding. Try to save it again in MT5, and open it with notepad only.

Anyway, is there anyone who could apply this method succesfully?

thanks. will do, lord. i update you once im done.
Reason: