0 error 0 warning but no mql4 file or exe4 file

the question is like what i wrote on the title? everyone said just compile with 0 error and 0 warning then you'll get exe4 file in expert folder... but not even mql4 file exist but it show on the mt4 terminal and it can be used..(the ea)

so what should i do?

is it true its because i installed it in c/program files?

ferly:

the question is like what i wrote on the title? everyone said just compile with 0 error and 0 warning then you'll get exe4 file in expert folder... but not even mql4 file exist but it show on the mt4 terminal and it can be used..(the ea)

so what should i do?

Try look at C:\Users\ <%YOUR USER NAME%> \AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\

And please write back the result :)

ferly:

That depends on your operating system. If it's XP then there is no problem. If it's Windows 7 then search this site for the remedy.

If you are running Vista or Windows7 and when you go to the mt4 folders in Program Files your new files or logs etc are not there, click the "Compatability Files" button on the folder's main bar.

Thats a suggestion for the FAQ if the admins make one

ferly:
Yes on Vista/Win7. Lots of random, hard to figure problems. Even adjusting UAC doesn't fix all. Reinstall elsewhere

SDC:

If you are running Vista or Windows7 and when you go to the mt4 folders in Program Files your new files or logs etc are not there, click the "Compatability Files" button on the folder's main bar.

Thats a suggestion for the FAQ if the admins make one

Good one SDC.

Look at address bar, when you click "compatibility view" the address bar will change from C:\Program Files\ ... to C:\Users\ <%YOURUSER NAME%> \AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\ ... .

:)

dabbler:
That depends on your operating system. If it's XP then there is no problem. If it's Windows 7 then search this site for the remedy.
Thank you, there seems to be other who have had issues with windows 7.
I will follow their directions.

Cheers and successful trading.

Compile it in a different location e.g. go to "Save as" save your EA on your desktop and then click compile and the .ex4 will appear near the .mq4 i dont know why they are usually invisible in mt4's expert folder.
Reason: