Turn Excel into an Expert Advisor builder

I think that being able to use excel to build strategies, analyze trades and execute positions is a great way of trading without having to use MQL4 and use shady EAs. What do you think?

You've really thought this through haven't you?

So do talk us through your proposed architecture. We're all ears.

CB

soniabvc wrote >>
I think that being able to use excel to build strategies, analyze trades and execute positions is a great way of trading without having to use MQL4 and use shady EAs. What do you think?

i agree that excel is a lot more flexable to change with the market.

soniabvc wrote >>

i agree that excel is a lot more flexable to change with the market.

soniabvc wrote >>

Hi,

I agree. Though I have been thinking more along the lines of using Excel as an analytical tool. I’ve had exporting the data into Excel in mind in order to be able to do more varied analysis and get a clearer understanding of the results including manipulating it to explore and what other approaches and algorithms might work better and then use these results, knowledge, understanding, insights and approaches from that to trade with or make EAs from this knowledge. I did import some csv FX data files into Excel successfully. But alas it is nowhere near the bottom of my ‘Around To It’ FIFO stack at this point in time. I’m currently at the ‘you have to crawl before you can walk’ stage.

Good luck with it and keep us posted.

you may want to use http://www.fx1.net/excellink.php in your trading idea. this addon is able to read and write from/to excel. its also working in strategies.just as tip

fx1.net wrote >>
you may want to use http://www.fx1.net/excellink.php in your trading idea. this addon is able to read and write from/to excel. its also working in strategies.just as tip

Wow!

You may want to checkout the search results here: https://www.mql5.com/en/search

There already is a LOT of varied code available for MQL4 and Excel

soniabvc wrote >>

It has already been done and is available. Here is one source:

FxDialogue.Com provides a much needed integration of MetaTrader 4 into Microsoft Excel. We offer a flexible solution that seemingly bridges and provides a 2 way communication between two popular platforms.

Our approach allows for full control over your trading activities in Meta Trader 4 directly from Excel by using only simple commands and functions in a way that effectively bypasses the need for MQL4 programming.

soniabvc wrote >>
absolutely brother
forming forex strategies without the knowledge of MQL4 is quite a revolutionary criterion. now we can form charts and graphs with the use of graphs itself and all the thanks goes to meta trader 4.
with regards
dave

FOREXFACE:

absolutely my dear friend,

meta trader 4 is a blessing to those who don't have any knowledge of the graphic language and are unable to prepare charts because of their inability. they can now simply make use of the excels to create the graphs and charts with the use of excels via meta trader 4

with LOL

Phil Bale

soniabvc:

we are quite similar with our views soniabvc. with the use of excels stratezising has become quite easy. it endures greater flexibility with minimum language related issues.

with love and reagrds

Richies James

Reason: