Type of backtesting

Hello, I would like to know what kind of backtesting is more reliable (each tick, control points or just open prices) in an expert advisor programmed in open price.

Thanks

If the EA does nothing (does not move stops) except at the open, it will usually make no difference. The only case is when a bar would hit both the TP and SL that the tick mode would decide which was hit first.

When I clicked on this thread i thought it was titled "Tired of backtesting" haha... I was going to reply yeah tell me about it :D

spock45:

Hello, I would like to know what kind of backtesting is more reliable (each tick, control points or just open prices) in an expert advisor programmed in open price.

Thanks

Depends on what you mean, when you say reliable. Any backtest is reliable to determine if your entries/exits are correct, and the general logic of your system. Any backtest is NOT reliable for determining profit, so if you think you got a good profit line going up, you are in (1) BIG illusion, as when you go live, your profit-line will be going straight down. Been there, done that.

Reason: